Not open for further replies.
Changes and all that in here.

In: Huss, Mitchell
Out: Maginness, Breust(inj)

Amon to the wing, please.

Go at it.

In: Hustwaite, Mitchell, Ramsden, Phillips
Out: Maginness, Breust, Gunston, Nash

Probably a bit over the top with the changes. Feel like we need some tall reinforcements coming up against Bargearse and Froffies Cameron. Would like to see Ramma and it could work to ruck him and Chol in the last half and sub Ned if Blicavs is proving to be a bit too mobile. I’d like to squeeze Morrison in there but I think we need to keep pumping games into the likes of Ward and Mackenzie.

This is what I'd like to see. With Nash being on notice.

Seamus Phillips Impey
Scrimshaw Frost Sicily
Amon Worpel Weddle
Moore Lewis Ginni
Watson Chol Hardwick
Reeves Newk Nash

Ward Frenchie Hustwaite Ramsden sub D'Ambrosio

What happened to Breust? Wasn't watching the game, but he didn't have a red cross (injury symbol) next to his name on FanFooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out - Gunston, Breust, Maginness
IN - Mitchell, Phillips, Hustwaite

Would love to see Meek come in for Reeves, but I doubt that is going to happen. Reeves may actually be able to use his one and only strength this week against Blicavs and Stanley. If he has another ineffectual game then he simply has to be dropped.

Geelong have good group of small forwards in Close, Miers, Stengle and Dempsey. Henry is a dangerous medium forward too. We will need Mitchell, Hardwick, D'Ambrosio and Impey to cover them.

Frost and Phillips to Cameron and Hawkins respectively.

Not sure who can play on Stewart and stop him doing whatever he wants. I was thinking maybe Nash to play a tagging-esque role, but I'm not sure who I'd take out for him.

Mitchell - Frost - Hardwick
Sicily - Phillips - Scrimshaw

Reeves - Newcombe - Worpel
Weddle - Mackenzie - Amon

Moore - Lewis - MacDonald
Watson - Chol - Ginnivan

Bench:
Impey - D'Ambrosio - Ward - Hustwaite

Sub:
Nash

I'd be looking at dropping a few senior players. There are a few that drift in and out of the game and play bruise free footy. This is setting a bad example for the younger players. If we look at Geelong, then a reason for their sustained success is the fact that their senior players are complete professionals on and off the field and set a very high standard for all young players coming through the system. You can also see how Lyon has implemented this at St Kilda where the senior players are setting an excellent example for what is essentially a young team. Watching Bradley Hill on Thursday night, he played the best I've seen him play for a couple of years now. He was woeking extremely hard and setting an example. This is a high performance culture that I think we lack and it could mean long term trouble for the club.

no one does. He was cooked the last two years with us. Club has made some strange decisions in recent times

I said it during trade week why I feel it was more to do with sentiment vibes and we gave up pick 39 in the trade which would have move up with academy kids etc.

Gunston is the elephant in the room. Does he drop himself like he did at Bris?
I'd bring in Ramsden for him.
Huss in for Finn, a no brainer.

We need to play the kids who could take us where we want to be if Gunston and Finn aren’t part of that bring in kids who could be one day.

Huss for Finn

Phillips for the injured breust

So then frost plays on Cameron
Phillips on Hawkins

Sicily on Henry/dempsey

Hardwick back.

Amon on a wing

Huss in the middle with worps and Nash

Newk to half forward to create pressure, hurt some defenders (especially Stewart) and get some confidence back and kick a goal or two

Nash, Ward and Reeves are on notice and I only have them in as I hate more than 2 changes

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not too worried about the personal, think we’ll see a few changes depending on how Box Hill goes today - but would like to see some game plan changes:

OUT:
  • Playing a defensive, scared, over possessing game and worrying about “coughing the ball up in the back half”
  • Getting smashed in the clearances- and especially allowing scores from stoppages
  • Allowing the opposition to operate under little pressure all over the ground

IN:
  • Playing with dare, attacking and taking risks when we get our chances. I’d rather give up goals taking the game on than going defensive and giving up goals anyway…
  • We should be able to at least break even in the clearances against this mob especially with Danger under an injury cloud- need to change our setup so we can at least defend if the opposition win the ball in the middle to stop the easy passage forward
  • TACKLING PRESSURE AND DEFENDING- you don’t need a 22 full of experienced A graders to bring pressure and defend- it’s a mind set thing…

Last edited:
Huss for Finn

Phillips for the injured breust

So then frost plays on Cameron
Phillips on Hawkins

Sicily on Henry/dempsey

Hardwick back.

Amon on a wing

Huss in the middle with worps and Nash

Newk to half forward to create pressure, hurt some defenders (especially Stewart) and get some confidence back and kick a goal or two

Nash, Ward and Reeves are on notice and I only have them in as I hate more than 2 changes

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Breust isn't injured. He's 100% fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back