Preview Round 4, 2023: Geelong v Hawthorn, MCG 3:20pm Easter Monday 10th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would love to see Chad spend the majority of his time as a mid rather than forward when he comes on in the second half. I could see him having a real impact in there and provide a spark.

Get him around the ball.

It's a shame his body has let him down, I'll maintain forever that he could have been one of the best few midfielders in the competition.

I heard on Fox footy that the 08 premiership team will be at the game on Monday ? Is that a mistake I would have thought it would have been the 13 premiership team.

I heard on Fox footy that the 08 premiership team will be at the game on Monday ? Is that a mistake I would have thought it would have been the 13 premiership team.
2013 reunion is later on this year

Great news in the lead up to the Easter Monday clash. Will Day this morning will front the media at the Easter open training session to announce A4 year contract extension, keeping him at the club until 2027

Here's what ChatGPT suggests 🤣

Some potential Hawthorn defenders who could play on Hawkins include:

1. James Sicily - a versatile and agile defender who is known for his ability to intercept mark and read the play.
  2. Sam Frost - a strong and physical defender who is good at one-on-one contests and can match up against tall forwards like Hawkins.
  3. Tim O'Brien - a tall defender who has shown promising signs in recent seasons and could potentially match up against Hawkins.

Haha yeah chatGPT is a little like us! Long way to go but will get there!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we've tried to lower the eyes against Geelong for a good decade and a half now, but never really nailed it. Mitch Lewis level clunking has kept their tails more honest at times, but traditionally it's an intercept fest for their tall backs. Last week was OK on that front. Not a long term fix though I don't reckon.

I remember last year's game pretty well, going to be interesting to see if Frosty can handle the out of form Hawkins, and Sic can get on top of Cameron. But more importantly, whether our young mids are on top of their core.

I hope Brockman gets going again this week, we look better with him in.

Almost spat my coffee out when I saw him as an in, Box Hill form suggested he was going to play back even if he was the sub. Bummed he rolled the ankle.

Surely we can wise up to two obvious key parts of the Geelong game plan…Hawks cant allow Stewart to run loose being the extra man at every contest or Hawkins to run to open space inside 50.

Last year Frosty went to Hawkins and Sicily went to Cameron and they both did a wonderful job. I imagine Scrimma is the one filling the hole in front of both those players to take an intercept mark.

Weddle was likely to have either been on the bench or used as the tactical sub, where he'd have been given a 30 minute burst to use his speed and running against tired legs.

At this stage, I believe that Kosi won't be back in the side for Monday. He travelled down to Tassie with the team last weekend, however with no VFL game it's hard for him to have not played at any level for almost a fortnight.

Think the score comes about from Brocky and Ferg being used as leading forwards with the midfield lowering their eyes, which was used to good effect last week against the Roos.

It seems clubs realize making a first gamer the sub is not a good look! That role now seems to be for underdone established players so I expect Chad will play that role this week. I can see him coming on in the last and lighting up now!

Being played out of position. All he needs is a direct opponent & we'll again see his value.

*also makes sense that we develop him into more than just a tagger

No doubt he has good games and bad games, I see his value I just think Nash is ahead.
With a young midfield still learning you can't have two non natural ball winners in the center clearnance mix. The coaches have done well to fix up our clearances.

Surely we can wise up to two obvious key parts of the Geelong game plan…Hawks cant allow Stewart to run loose being the extra man at every contest or Hawkins to run to open space inside 50.

You definitely hope that’s the way it plays out. It’s been decades of their backs marking our F50 entries and flicking it through the middle then kicking it to him inside 50, in space or one out with their smalls/mids running loose.

It’s more likely going to be Cameron that will trouble us this time round though.

By all accounts they were deplorable last week against the suns.

They will be gettable if we’re on

Good test for Amon and Morrison. Smith, Duncan, Holmes and at times blicavs is probably the best wing combo in league.

Despite all the talk re dads army Geelong has a few guys on outside who can seriously run which can cover up a lot (we did the same in 2013-15).

Reckon we’ll know within first quarter whether we turned a corner last week or was really an abberation against weak opposition and we’re back to round 1-2 performance levels.

Roos put on f-all pressure and allowed us to chip ball around easily to find the free man. Unless Geelong completely cooked they’ll pressure and structure up a lot better.

I have just secured my tickets to the Easter Monday clash. I am so ecstatic. Believe it or not, this will be my first time attending a Hawthorn vs Geelong match and my first time attending an Easter Monday clash. I should also be there to see the second half of the Box Hill curtain raiser, which should be good. GO HAWKS!!!

Get him around the ball.

It's a shame his body has let him down, I'll maintain forever that he could have been one of the best few midfielders in the competition.
That's most great small forwards really, imagine Rioli if his hamstrings held up in the midfield for his entire career. In some alternate reality Breust turned into a great midfielder as well, he's always been good there in small bursts.

That's most great small forwards really, imagine Rioli if his hamstrings held up in the midfield for his entire career. In some alternate reality Breust turned into a great midfielder as well, he's always been good there in small bursts.

Wingard has played half a season in the midfield at Port and was sensational, so he had at least shown that he could do it. I'm not sure Breust would have been a better midfielder than forward.

You definitely hope that’s the way it plays out. It’s been decades of their backs marking our F50 entries and flicking it through the middle then kicking it to him inside 50, in space or one out with their smalls/mids running loose.

It’s more likely going to be Cameron that will trouble us this time round though.

By all accounts they were deplorable last week against the suns.

They will be gettable if we’re on

Would be awesome to see the young motivated mates run over the top of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back