Preview Round 24, 2023 : Hawthorn v Fremantle, MCG 1:45pm August 26th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's make it our GF and pants these under achievers!
Day only a severe cramp is what I've got so should be fine.
Jai still not completely over the line with that hammy tightness, hopefully is out there next week.
Ramma to me, is nowhere near ready so if Ryan available then him.
Hus stays in, really like the look of him and so did Sam it seems.
Expecting a huge last game by the boys this week.

IN: Ryan, Newcombe

OUT: Ramsden (omitted), Long (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Impey

HB: Scrimshaw, Sicily, Weddle

C: Amon, Worpel, Day

HF: MacDonald, Ryan, Grainger-Barras

F: Breust, Koschitzke, Moore

R: Reeves, Newcombe, Nash

INT: Morrison, Ward, Hustwaite, Maginness, Butler (Sub)

Let's make it our GF and pants these under achievers!
Day only a severe cramp is what I've got so should be fine.
Jai still not completely over the line with that hammy tightness, hopefully is out there next week.
Ramma to me, is nowhere near ready so if Ryan available then him.
Hus stays in, really like the look of him and so did Sam it seems.
Expecting a huge last game by the boys this week.
He said Jai should be right by tomorrow. Would be a certainty to play.

This is pretty close I reckon, but I’d like to see Serong get a full game. 6 possessions and 3 tackles in a quarter is worth rewarding.
Who comes out?
On today’s performance I’d say Ward or Impey.

Spot on. Would like a way to get Serong in for a full match but can't see it happening unless we cotton wool some players.

I don’t think we will risk Day, plus an early game Saturday.

In: Stephens, Mackenzie, Mitchell, Ryan

Out: Day, Ramsden, Nash, long,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think we will risk Day, plus an early game Saturday.

In: Stephens, Mackenzie, Mitchell, Ryan

Out: Day, Ramsden, Nash, long,
why would Nash be an out, Captain? I thought he was close to our best again yesterday. No need to rest anyone unless carrying something or qualifying for ressies finals.
Ramma, Long and maybe Day (if he has a niggle) out and Ryan, Newk and Stephens in (just to see his wares).
Really liked what Hustwaite showed and he should stay in. Not sure who wil be sub.
I also think Weddle is starting to look a bit tired, but still want to get as many games into him as quickly as possible. Cracking pack mark in the last yesterday. The lad is choke full of confidence.

why would Nash be an out, Captain? I thought he was close to our best again yesterday. No need to rest anyone unless carrying something or qualifying for ressies finals.
Ramma, Long and maybe Day (if he has a niggle) out and Ryan, Newk and Stephens in (just to see his wares).
Really liked what Hustwaite showed and he should stay in. Not sure who wil be sub.
I also think Weddle is starting to look a bit tired, but still want to get as many games into him as quickly as possible. Cracking pack mark in the last yesterday. The lad is choke full of confidence.
There was report Nash has been sore, personally I’d rather our eyes be on 2024 now.

Any injured or sore boys, send them of for an early start to there holidays. With the aim of them being fit and firing for pre season.

A gives as a game to view some of other younger players.

There was report Nash has been sore, personally I’d rather our eyes be on 2024 now.

Any injured or sore boys, send them of for an early start to there holidays. With the aim of them being fit and firing for pre season.

A gives as a game to view some of other younger players.
Listening to Ned Reeves post game interview, the team is very keen to finish with a win so all will be desperate to play. Newc's and Ryan in for Ward and Rama for me, both will be there next year, call the sub on the day. Give HH, Serong and Long another crack, we all gotta know.
I am with Des, think we can win this. Home ground and crowd with the half of the team that was having an off day yesterday should bounce back. Go Hawks.
ps 8 wins was my pass mark this year. Though from a "team point of you" we have surpassed all my expectations already, the win would be nice.

Does Frenchie get a game or does he need to play BHH for finals eligibility?
Think selection is going to depend on who is definitely eligible for VFL finals and who is on the cusp.
McKenzie has already played more than the max 12 AFL games so can’t play VFL finals.

The only two players on the cusp are Finn and Morrison, who are on 12 AFL games. If you rest them v Freo, they can play VFL finals. I doubt we will do that. Morrison maybe.

McKenzie has already played more than the max 12 AFL games so can’t play VFL finals.

The only two players on the cusp are Finn and Morrison, who are on 12 AFL games. If you rest them v Freo, they can play VFL finals. I doubt we will do that. Morrison maybe.
I reckon we should definitely maximise player availability for a Box Hill flag run. The Freo game is a complete dead rubber for us and we should win it easily at the MCG with Newcombe and Lewis back - probably even without them.

We need to remember that Box Hill isn't just "Hawthorn Reserves". It's a VFL affiliation. A partnership with give and take.

This is the perfect opportunity to give back and give Box Hill the best chance at a flag. And it gives those Hawthorn listed players a great experience to play in a finals campaign together. A potential VFL flag with that group would still mean a lot.

And also recall that we arguably cost them a flag in 2014 when we essentially used a spot in their GF team to prove match fitness for Rioli's AFL GF return who was rested for the last quarter (BHH lead at 3QT).

Anyone with even a slight niggle shouldn't be playing.

Wouldn't mind a look at Jeka TBH although his papers might already be stamped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back