Preview Round 19, 2023 : Richmond v Hawthorn, 1:45pm 22nd July, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blanck playing VFL…

Ins:
D. Mascitti, J. Blanck, L. Meek

Outs: H. Hustwaite, C. Jiath, J. Thorpe

Squad: 1. H Morrison, 16. L Bramble, 17. L Meek, 21. C Stephens, 23. J Koschitzke, 27. N Long, 28. C Mackenzie, 29. J Serong, 30. S Butler, 35. J Morris, 36. J Blanck, 39. E Jeka, 41. J Bennetts, 42. B Macdonald, 45. C Tucker, 46. B Ryan, 50. D Mascitti, 55. C Porter, 60. E Phillips, 61. M Hall, 66. C Brown, 67. D Murr (23rd), 74. L Coghlan

Emergencies: H. Beasley, L. Bryce, L. D’Angelo, C. Bramble

You'd think they'll manage him through the game. Was doing well at AFL level, assume he'll come back in when he's 100%.

This will be a interesting game to see how far off the pack we are, clearly their is a gap between us and the bottom 2 sides. How big is the next gap is the question
I am really hoping DGB has a good game. Showed some good signs and energy last week, got into a few good spots the boys need to lower their eyes more, kicked it over his head to blokes in worst position's.

Feel like this is a very winnable game.
Definitely. Their two biggest wins this season have come against West Coast (+46 in rd8, +38 in rd18). Our winning margin of +116 against the Eagles was more than that combined.

Most of their wins have been relatively close, 3 goals or less.

I feel like our best is better than theirs, but also our worst is worse. If we can avoid capitulating for an extended period then I think we can get the win. We just need to keep our focus and play our game.

Huge mental hurdle to jump if we are to win this. Last year was embarrassing with Lynch looking like Tony Lockett. Time to see how far we’ve come over the last 12 months. We know they want to play their move it on at all costs style so will be interested to see how we cope with a high pressure, big bodied side.

Glad that DGB stays as he’s got some aggression that will be needed. Must lower the eyes and not bomb it wildly to Grimes and their other defenders.

Mitch Lewis needs to bring his second half effort from last week to the whole game. Our mids are good enough to match theirs and hopefully they take it up to their ageing stars like Cotch, Dusty and Prestia.

Would love to put the Tigers out of the finals race.
I think we already are out of the finals race with most likely 13 wins required Richmond still have Doggies, Saints , Melbourne & Port to play and can only drop 1.

Richmond are playing terrible football and have no foward line synergy
Our Midfield & Backline are still pretty good but foward line just isnt working with no legitimate 2nd KPF

Richmond need the midfield to dominate and have the fire power to do that if they turn up
Martin - Taranto - Hopper - Prestia - Bolton - Cotchin - Ross - Graham - Baker

Good luck guys hope its a good game

I think we already are out of the finals race with most likely 13 wins required Richmond still have Doggies, Saints , Melbourne & Port to play and can only drop 1.

Richmond are playing terrible football and have no foward line synergy
Our Midfield & Backline are still pretty good but foward line just isnt working with no legitimate 2nd KPF

Richmond need the midfield to dominate and have the fire power to do that if they turn up
Martin - Taranto - Hopper - Prestia - Bolton - Cotchin - Ross - Graham - Baker

Good luck guys hope its a good game
Wtf a reasonable Richmond supporter?
Episode 19 Sign GIF by The Simpsons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back