Preview Round 24, 2023 : Hawthorn v Fremantle, MCG 1:45pm August 26th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unpopular opinion but Cam Mckenzie will overtake Jai Newcombe as our best midfielder in 3 years. Brownlow within 6 years.
Whatever the case, our midfield is looking scary moving into the future. Everything’s being built around it. You can tell what position our coach used to play….

he'll tag brayshaw. everyone tags brayshaw. its why hes had a down year this year in comparison to last year.

and last time we played you, mitchell didn't tag brayshaw because he was having a down year. probably cause everyone was tagging him. then he got off the chain, had 34 and kicked 2.

so yeah, he'll tag brayshaw.

he'll tag brayshaw. everyone tags brayshaw. its why hes had a down year this year in comparison to last year.

and last time we played you, mitchell didn't tag brayshaw because he was having a down year. probably cause everyone was tagging him. then he got off the chain, had 34 and kicked 2.

Who are the 16 other taggers in the AFL?

Went to Waverley today and…

Sticks participated in the main training today, Newk was there and playing as well.

DGB left the training midway.
Amon went upstairs 10-15 minutes earlier than his mates(maybe sore or just a precaution).
Butler is limping after the training and got some cold pack on his upper leg.

Morris looks injured again and stopped participating around midway of the training.

Both Jai's into the 22. Husthwaite retains spot. No Lewis or DGB. Ryan likely to come in.

So that's DGB confirmed out.

Newcombe, Serong and Ryan in.

Wonder who the other 2 outs will be?

Likely to be Ramsden and Long, you'd think.

You have talked me into trading Brayshaw out of my supercoach final !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like HH and Serong stay and DGB injured. Doubt Ryan comes in if he hasn’t really trained and he lost weight (the worst thing for him clearly)! I expect Jai for Long. Does anyone get a farewell game like Saunders did? I guess that was a debut I don’t see anyone in that boat. Would like stephens to come in even as sub. Would give ramsden another go.

Just Kozi and Ryan as KFs. Maybe Scrim or Serong to go forward.
I was just about to post on this.
The 3 mobile targets and 1 ruck has had success vs good teams we know this!
I am a bit surprised DGB has been left out with one match to go. I thought he has showed steady improvement and crashing the odd pack, although Lever did have a picnic last game.

I still think Kosi best role is up the ground or as the 2nd Ruck. He is not suited as a deep forward role, use his aerobic power and quick hands up the ground. This will be a watch this space if we go in as selected with the 2 forwards and 1 ruck.

Last edited:
I was just about to post on this.
The 3 mobile targets and 1 ruck has had success vs good teams we know this!
I am a bit surprised DGB has been left out with one match to go. I thought he has showed steady improvement and crashing the odd pack, although Lever did have a picnic last game.

I still think Kosi best role is up the ground or as the 2nd Ruck. He is not suited as a deep forward role, use his aerobic power and quick hands up the ground. This will be a watch this space if we go in as selected with the 2 forwards and 1 ruck.
DGB is listed as injured. I think Ryan will play as the deep forward and as you said Kozi plays up the ground. Really looking forward to seeing how Hustwaite backs up after last week's impressive performance. At 195 cm maybe he can go forward with some stints in the midfield. Same with Serong who potentially is a long-term KB. Day can go forward. Mitch may throw the magnets up in the air and see where they land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back