Preview Round 21, 2023 : Hawthorn v Collingwood, 4:35pm Saturday August 5th MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes and all that in here.

Reeves is available.

Denver's kicked 5 at Box Hill, does he get another look?

Sticks should keep his spot.

Finn tags Daicos, no doubt.

Go at it.

Ins: Blanck, Jeka, Scrimshaw, Amon
Outs: Bramble, Mackenzie, Frost, Brocky

B: Sicily Blanck Hardwick
HB: Weddle Jeka Mitchell
C: Amon Worpel Ward
HF: Moore Ryan CMac
F: Breust Lewis Wingard
Fol: Meek Newcombe Nash
Int: Day Impey Scrimshaw Maginness
Sub: Brockman
  • Give Jeka an extended crack at CHB to see if he has what it takes.
  • Mackenzie will be a great player but let him develop his trade at Box Hill. He's not ready to be a starting mid but lacks a secondary position.
  • One of Scrimshaw/Impey to player higher up the ground. Wouldn't mind Scrim as a third tall.
  • Ryan stays.
  • Meek given another week to see if he can improve his connection with the mids. Have a feeling that despite the performance he may be out though.
  • Maginness tags Daicos for four quarters. Please don't move him Sammy.
  • Brocky can impact as the sub.

A number of spots in danger, but we'd have to be wary of being too clever at selection against a team who could absolutely torch us in a half Port Adelaide style.

I watched Pies v Blues last week as I'm sure many here did, and it was brutal. I hope those Pies players are really, really sore, because if it's at that level again I worry for our players' welfare.

But I do feel good about playing a game where there is no expectation to win, the task is just to try to match their intensity the whole way.

Out: Bramble, Mackenzie, Frost
In: Amon, Long, Blanck

DGB to sub.

Wouldn't want to go experimental this week, Pies could decimate us if we do.

Ins : Reeves, Scrimshaw, Amon
Outs: Meek, Mackenzie, Bramble

I'm leaving Frost in the side just to give hime one more chance, and we will need some bigger bodies against the Pies.
Unless Meek stays in with Reeves back, Frost will continue to pinch hit in the ruck.

Wouldn't want to go experimental this week, Pies could decimate us if we do.

Ins : Reeves, Scrimshaw, Amon
Outs: Meek, Mackenzie, Bramble

I'm leaving Frost in the side just to give hime one more chance, and we will need some bigger bodies against the Pies.

My thoughts too. You can bet that this won't be correct. Sammy will want to look at a few others. List management time. Put up or shut up for a few players

It's a hard one because I feel like we have to have Amon, Reeves, Scrimshaw, Blanck and potentially Long in but unsure who to take out other than Bramble, Mackenzie and then Meek if Reeves is in.

It's difficult because I really feel like Long needs to get a proper run in the midfield at AFL level and Meek was good today but Reeves haa to be back in but we can't play two rucks.

I guess it's a good problem to have, but it makes it hard to pick a team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bramble > Amon
Pretty obvious. Thought Brambles disposal was generally poor and Amon is one of the leagues best wingmen.

Frost > Serong/Jeka/Scrimshaw
All in good form. Scrimshaw was obviously a standout, Jeka is finding his groove, but Serong played a dour defensive game and I think the match committee will like that.

Meek > Reeves
Reeves gives our midfield so much of an advantage. Don't give a s**t if he can't take marks. Nash is a 10 disposal a game better with Reeves.

Mackenzie > Long
Unfortunately 7 disposals just doesn't cut it. Want to see Long get a full game.

Blanck to play a full game. One of Brocky/Mitchell/Weddle to play as sub.

Bramble > Amon
Pretty obvious. Thought Brambles disposal was generally poor and Amon is one of the leagues best wingmen.

Frost > Serong/Jeka/Scrimshaw
All in good form. Scrimshaw was obviously a standout, Jeka is finding his groove, but Serong played a dour defensive game and I think the match committee will like that.

Meek > Reeves
Reeves gives our midfield so much of an advantage. Don't give a s**t if he can't take marks. Nash is a 10 disposal a game better with Reeves.

Mackenzie > Long
Unfortunately 7 disposals just doesn't cut it. Want to see Long get a full game.

Blanck to play a full game. One of Brocky/Mitchell/Weddle to play as sub.
Agree with most of that apart from MacKenzie making way for Long.

Frenchy has a big future ahead, needs games to find his feet.
Not sure Long will even be on the list next year.

Agree with most of that apart from MacKenzie making way for Long.

Frenchy has a big future ahead, needs games to find his feet.
Not sure Long will even be on the list next year.
Mackenzie's game for a mid was as bad as DGB's last week. Don’t think he can or should survive that for this week especially as Collingwood will punish his occasional defensive lapses

My thoughts too. You can bet that this won't be correct. Sammy will want to look at a few others. List management time. Put up or shut up for a few players
Dangerous match to go experimental though.

If we get smashed by the Pies then we could really spiral the last 3 games which wouldn’t leave a good taste in the mouth for the off season.

Saying that I wouldn’t mind a look at Jeka in the backline.

This is really starting to feel like a long season now. Hopefully we start throwing the magnets around to let a few blokes play for their careers or to expose some the level before preseason 2024.

I'd love to see 2 or 3 per game for the rest of the year.

Bmac, hust, jeka, serong, long etc.

Rest a few senior players each week.

Thinking about how the season is long, imagine being a norf supporter right now 😪

We simply need to select our best side. Too much experimenting and 100 point loss is not going to help us at all.
Meek our for Reeves
McKenzie for Amon
Bramble for Blanck
Scrim to sub

I am looking forward to Frosty’s omission sometime soon, but if we are not playing anyone else who can go into a centre bounc, he stays.

A strugglimg team playimg against the top team it wouldn't make much sense to drop a senior leader but I've got a feeling Frost gets dropped. His game against the aints in which he was a momentum killing liability shouldn't be rewarded with a game against the Pies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back