Preview Round 13, 2023 : Hawthorn v Brisbane, 1:45pm Sat 10th June, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another very good piece by KJ ... DGB needs to be able to settle, forget the wild-man stuff, and concentrate on his craft hence my post a few pages back. I hope he makes it because I feel his personality is infectious and he could become a very good leader down back.
Sicily had to do the same. How could one forget all the skirmishes he was always involved in.

What are everyone’s final predictions? I’m gonna go lions by 39 but we will challenge them for a bit. Also do you think we will boooooo gunners? I hope we don’t.

I'll post it here, but also try and remember to do it tomorrow in the game day thread.

For all my fellow Frankston Line Hawkers. Buses are replacing Trains atm btw Moorabbin and Caulfield.

It's meant to finish today, but I'd double check the app tomorrow for closures.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

I hear you. Makes a long day back and forth. Will drive instead.

Sadly not going to be able to watch this one - especially sad as I think we’re a good chance
Don’t worry, if we are playing bad it will be worth it. If we play bad it could be an absolute belting. Hopefully we put up a good challenge.

What are everyone’s final predictions? I’m gonna go lions by 39 but we will challenge them for a bit. Also do you think we will boooooo gunners? I hope we don’t.
I agree about not booing Gunners. Hope we have more grace than that…. Unless he plays really well of course and then all bets are off!!

Can’t predict the result. Might be really bad if the boys are hanging out for the bye; might be a decent scrap. Sometimes with a young side you can’t tell how switched on they are until the game starts.

Can someone tell me what’s wrong with will day? Is he 100% to play?
They showed footage of him at half time with his ribs heavily taped up in the Port Adelaide game. Was told during the week that he's had sore ribs for the past few weeks and had heard he may be given an extra week to recover.

From speaking to Gabelich, Daysy got through training yesterday, which is why Stephens was named for Box Hill. Frenchie the likely sub, while BMac is the carry over emergency at this stage

Based on some recent interviews (the last one with Ned Reeves), they mentioned that they’re aware of their slow starts and are planning to do something about it.
Ned spoke to Talking Hawks about the slow starts and how they'd be trying a few different things over the next few weeks to combat them.

He spoke about the stern half time message and how it wasn't an old fashioned spray and how the 2nd half change was player driven. Monday's review was honest, but they put everything that was done badly on the table and have looked to rectify it this week

In regards to his match up on the big O and Daniher, him and Hale are of the belief he has to use his strengths rather than trying to negate in the contest.

Finally, he said internally they're happy with the development of the squad and the growth of the young players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree about not booing Gunners. Hope we have more grace than that…. Unless he plays really well of course and then all bets are off!!

Can’t predict the result. Might be really bad if the boys are hanging out for the bye; might be a decent scrap. Sometimes with a young side you can’t tell how switched on they are until the game starts.

Sorry El Hawko I disagree we should only be cheering and celebrating Gunners in my opinion it does not matter how well he plays!
He is one of our few premiership players still playing .
They are becoming as rare as hens teeth!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They showed footage of him at half time with his ribs heavily taped up in the Port Adelaide game. Was told during the week that he's had sore ribs for the past few weeks and had heard he may be given an extra week to recover.

From speaking to Gabelich, Daysy got through training yesterday, which is why Stephens was named for Box Hill. Frenchie the likely sub, while BMac is the carry over emergency at this stage
There you go, so he might play.

Newmo is my source by the way regarding the possibility that Daysy might not play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back