Preview Round 13, 2023 : Hawthorn v Brisbane, 1:45pm Sat 10th June, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tend to agree, assuming that he is issue free and can play more of a lockdown role (still in the dark as to what the issues really were).

For Denver I think we have had a good enough look to understand where we are headed with him. I don't want to see him filling gaps in the senior side. I'd prefer to see him remain at BH and settle into whatever role we see for him going forward. Then when the time is right he comes in and stays in ...

(Could see him taking over from Frost who, at 29, could be used more in bursts as an impact player).

Otherwise we package him for draft picks, although that is for another thread.
If you read the BH coaches report, DGB knows what he needs to work on and is making good progress, but is not there yet. More VFL I would suggest. Also, Ward not ready for a full AFL game. So, sub or VFL.
Blank on Danihar, Weddle to Hipwood (rarely does any damage), Scrim can run off old man Gunston, Sicily roams.
In - Sicily, Mitchell
Out - Frost, Bmac
Butler or McKenzie to sub.
Selection after the bye will be interesting with Wingard, Frost, CJ & Ward all available.

Well with all this negative noise emanating from the media this week here is something to cheer you up.

Training today after all that rain in the morning the sun was shining for the boys out there.
They were pretty rowdy out there on the track. All of them in good spirits.

No show
Frosty: Probably taking a deserved break for a couple of weeks with his foot injury.

Rehab
Lynch: Running on the far side and doing some kick to kick drills
CJ: See lynch

Everyone else in full training including Jeka who shall play at box hill this week.

The drills out there are the same as we have had in the last few months just refining getting better at ball handling tougher at the contest. Tackling harder. Increasing our communication with each other.

The first drill was just a sprint of 20m and we had groups of about 10 taking off at one time. Weddle :eek:o_O absolutely smoked them in his group including most of the mids. Others included BMAC and Seamus.

In one of those drills it was quite funny because Hickmott called them all to run in towards him in one of the drills DGB was awake to this he pretended to run as Hickmott then kicked the ball into one side of the field and every one scattered.

A mans got to know his opponent and your own limitations. In the intra butler laid a great tackle and from the free the ball made its way out to the middle into the hands of Bramble he took off with the player behind him alas that player was BMAC and he got caught with the ball. Great chase and tackle

Some other things of note Kosi looking a lot more confident in his marking including taking a contested mark one handed against Sic during a contest. Really gaining in confidence. Great to see.

Jek was playing in defence on Lewis in the intra so look for him to play in defence down at box hill.

Weddle looking a lot like Franklin 2007 out on the track. The most notable player out there hard to miss. Absolutely burned the middle of the ground as he ran through there to kick it forward. I am sure there were left over remnants of a fire trail. His confidence is sky high. I am getting very excited.

As i was leaving i went down to the fence as Punk was standing there and asked him if he was gonna run through Gunners at the first bounce. Punk chuckled and motioned with clothes line action. I also congratulated him on his 500th goal what a champ.

That leaves us with the changes this week. CMAC2 definitely deserves a full game this week he had an impact when he came on last week so with that

In: Sic, Seamus, CMAC2
Out: Frosty, BMAC, CMAC1
Sub: CMAC1

Last edited:
Well with all this negative noise emanating from the media this week here is something to cheer you up.

Training today after all that rain in the morning the sun was shining for the boys out there.

No show
Frosty: Probably taking a deserved break for a couple of weeks with his foot injury.

Rehab

Everyone else in full training including Jeka who shall play at box hill this week.

The drills out there are the same as we have had in the last few months just refining getting better at ball handling tougher at the contest. Tackling harder. Increasing our communication with each other.

The first drill was just a sprint of 20m and we had groups of about 10 taking off at one time. Weddle :eek:o_O absolutely smoked them in his group including most of the mids. Others included BMAC and Seamus.

In one of those drills it was quite funny because Hickmott called them all to run in towards him in one of the drills DGB was awake to this he pretended to run as Hickmott then kicked the ball into one side of the field and every one scattered.

A mans got to know his opponent and your own limitations. In the intra butler laid a great tackle and from the free the ball made its way out to the middle into the hands of Bramble he took off with the player behind him alas that player was BMAC and he got caught with the ball. Great chase and tackle

Some other things of note Kosi looking a lot more confident in his marking including taking a contested mark one handed against Sic during a contest. Really gaining in confidence. Great to see.

Jek was playing in defence on Lewis in the intra so look for him to play in defence down at box hill.

Weddle looking a lot like Franklin 2007 out on the track. The most notable player out there hard to miss. Absolutely burned the middle of the ground as he ran through there to kick it forward. I am sure there were left over remnants of a fire trail. His confidence is sky high. I am getting very excited.

As i was leaving i went down to the fence as Punk was standing there and asked him if he was gonna run through him at the first bounce. Punk chuckled and motioned with clothes line action. I also congratulated him on his 500th goal what a champ.

That leaves us with the changes this week. CMAC2 definitely deserves a full game this week he had an impact when he came on last week so with that

I love how you're using CMAC1 and CMAC2 there 😀.

I'm assuming CMAC1 is Connor Macdonald and CMAC2 is Cam Mackenzie ?

Our defence could be in for 150 points scored on them if we aren't on. It's gonna be very difficult to stop Cameron, Rayner, Gunston, hipwood and Daniher.

Our defence could be in for 150 points scored on them if we aren't on. It's gonna be very difficult to stop Cameron, Rayner, Gunston, hipwood and Daniher.
They are not a pressure side. Its been pressure that has brought us undone. Lets see how we go with two of our inform defenders back in the side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No show

Rehab

As i was leaving i went down to the fence as Punk was standing there and asked him if he was gonna run through Gunners at the first bounce. Punk chuckled and motioned with clothes line action. I also congratulated him on his 500th goal what a champ.

Thanks T4P. Just what i needed after all this negative stuff in the media.

A stat which shits me to tears. All down to the Tassie deal I believe. :mad:

I've pretty much lost my 10 year son to the NRL (my wife is a Qlder and follows Broncos) as its impossible to beat seeing every game either live on TV or at the Stadium. He pays only a passing interest to that other team he's seen live once in a blue moon when he was younger.

Sorry to rant but it's become a big sore point for me over the years. I feel like a generation of potential Hawthorn supporters has been lost up here because so many kids born during this time to Hawthorn supporting parent(s) have lost interest because we are never here. Absolutely shits me.
My son is dyed in the wool hawk. Has never even seen an NRL game on tv let alone in person. We are heading down to the Gold coast for our once in a decade game up here. He cannot wait.

Stephens on the cusp of selection. Hopefully has another big game and forces his way into the side. Gotta feel for Long, had a huge game, travelled as an emergency and then gets dropped out back to Box Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back