Autopsy Round 13, 2023 : Hawthorn mauls Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, nice that i didn't hear anyone boo him as sometimes happens with past players.

He doesn't deserve that.
One of the young guys in our area. Was yelling at all the Brisbane forwards. He finally got around to Gunston with

Jack Gunston u suck

To which there was an immediate response of

What the hell would u know

Shut the * up.

The boy learnt his lesson pretty quick.

We love Gunners

Truth be told he's been a shadow of his former self since his back injury. His last years at Hawthorn weren't great but in saying that I would of loved if he played on in 2023 bringing sorely needed experience and leadership to our forward line, especially earlier in the season.

He might have a few good games here and there as the season goes on but his best is past him and I can't help but be happy that best was all with Hawthorn.
I thought he had a great year last year kicked 32 goals in 16 games, with two bags of 5 and really lead the forward line. From where he was coming from and the passing of his father it was a remarkable effort.

Last edited:

Just on the Sicily push in the back of McCluggage. Was at the ground and saw the incident and after that initial push he then noticed he was in trouble and had his arm raised to the direction of the bench. I know they want to paint him as an arsehole but as soon as he knew what was going on he raised the alarm for help.

Don’t underestimate Lewis’ ability to work his opponent over through sheer work rate. Gunston in the old days too
Pretty lucky to have had a player like Gunston be there for Lewis early in his career, would of had a huge impact

Just on the Sicily push in the back of McCluggage. Was at the ground and saw the incident and after that initial push he then noticed he was in trouble and had his arm raised to the direction of the bench. I know they want to paint him as an arsehole but as soon as he knew what was going on he raised the alarm for help.

Think he did something similar after he clipped Camanitti. There was a flash of footage of him turning back after to check on him and kind of apologising.

Finally found time to watch the replay this morning.

• Dukes 3rd qtr was sensational.
  • Not enough made of Brockmans mark
  • Nash reaction on the bench after Lewis (3rd qtr) goal was brilliant
  • Seamus pace and IQ is next level
  • Apart from the last 2 minutes of the 2nd we were the best team, deserved the win
  • No way sic deserves any weeks, football accident. s**t happens
  • Meek coming along nicely
  • Day will win a Brownlow
  • We have gone from a slow plodding team to a team with pace all over the ground, looking forward to when we mature
  • Frost wasn’t missed

I take it you only stick to very vanilla music.

Was going to say mainstream but you can't get more mainstream than Beyonce.
I don't "stick" to any music. I like MUSIC. What you describe is mass produced noise designed to sell to a generation too lazy to comprehend and depth of meaning, or too mind washed to ... whatever, there's no point in trying to argue with someone who likes Beyonce or any similar ten-minutes-to-produce vanilla crap. And you call what I listen to vanilla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't "stick" to any music. I like MUSIC. What you describe is mass produced noise designed to sell to a generation too lazy to comprehend and depth of meaning, or too mind washed to ... whatever, there's no point in trying to argue with someone who likes Beyonce or any similar ten-minutes-to-produce vanilla crap. And you call what I listen to vanilla.
"I like MUSIC" is so condescending.

What do you listen to that makes you so special and above everyone else?

It's funny my boys 15 and 13 sat front row and when we met up at the end of the game the first thing they said was CMAC31 was amazing. I had Newc Sic Impey ahead of him. On watching the replay he was brilliant.

I thought he had a great year last, year kicked 32 goals in 16 games, with two bags of 5 and really lead the forward line. From where he was coming from and the passing of his father it was a remarkable effort.
Wasn't a great year but he did play to his best a couple of times and his truly elite footy IQ got him results. But the rest was hit and miss quite badly.

One of my favourites ever but it's his 3rd season in since his bad back injury and he hasn't got back to anywhere near being a consistent performer.

I'm glad Brissie gave him his super and we aren't having to manage a club legend on field. I mean this is the nicest possible way.

Wasn't a great year but he did play to his best a couple of times and his truly elite footy IQ got him results. But the rest was hit and miss quite badly.

One of my favourites ever but it's his 3rd season in since his bad back injury and he hasn't got back to anywhere near being a consistent performer.

I'm glad Brissie gave him his super and we aren't having to manage a club legend on field. I mean this is the nicest possible way.
He looks cooked. But I felt he had a good year last year. Was shitty to lose him tbh.

He looks cooked. But I felt he had a good year last year. Was shitty to lose him tbh.
He was cooked last year. Just holding on with his brilliant footy brain to have an impact on the scoreboard but recurring signs he was in the waiting room. It's s**t brissie have seen him for the first time thid season and have no real idea what a genius and match winner he was. They want him to retire now reading their board.

Has anyone got the ability to look up the goal total of an individuals last 15, 20 games?
Would love to know how Lewis stands up against the competition in games he’s actually played

Remove this Banner Ad

Back