Hawthorn AGM 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

You realise we made a profit this year despite the gaming venues being sold and revenue reducing?
I don't know how old you are Ned, but I remember the club in the late 1980's investing heavily in renovating the Michael Tuck Stand (something we did not own) via a board member's construction company, just about all cash reserves were chewed up and just a few years later we were faced with extinction. That Michael Tuck Stand is now a white elephant.
I firmly believe you only get to spend money once and there are many examples of organisations liberally spending when they inherit vast cash reserves only to leave a mess for the next board to clean up.
We, as members have every right to question their decisions, it is not their money, it's the clubs and we are the club.

I don't know how old you are Ned, but I remember the club in the late 1980's investing heavily in renovating the Michael Tuck Stand (something we did not own) via a board member's construction company, just about all cash reserves were chewed up and just a few years later we were faced with extinction. That Michael Tuck Stand is now a white elephant.
I firmly believe you only get to spend money once and there are many examples of organisations liberally spending when they inherit vast cash reserves only to leave a mess for the next board to clean up.
We, as members have every right to question their decisions, it is not their money, it's the clubs and we are the club.

I am fine with people being held to account also. I am also fine that if the KCC was found to be a white elephant with money being siphoned out of a board member's company that that be looked into - being that I don't think this is the case I am mainly discussing people who seem to be suggesting that selling the assets automatically means losing the revenue for good.

I hope people do keep asking the club where any assets being sold will have the replacement revenue made up from.

Fixture gate it is

If you are going to persist with flogging this deceased equine can you at least get the naming convention right and name it 'Fixturegate' being that it stems from the original scandal stemming from the Watergate hotel.

There are a number of accounts who post bugger all all year then pipe up whenever there's something related to the Board / AGM / Kennett / Gowers / Reeves / Racism Report with a clear agenda.

Weird as.

There are a number of accounts who post bugger all all year then pipe up whenever there's something related to the Board / AGM / Kennett / Gowers / Reeves / Racism Report with a clear agenda.

Weird as.
Maybe those people are sick of all the sh!t that gets posted here so they just stay away from the bone heads. Fair enough

And the one thing they have genuine say in, their membership rights, they take seriously.

Weird as.

Then when you call them out for it they act so incredulously.

You realise that, much like selling the gaming venues, if you sell assets you can use the proceeds to invest in other revenue producing assets?
We ll await to see where this re investment will be and how this 15 mill or close too revenue will be regenerated as promised by the Kennett and now Gowers admin

If you are going to persist with flogging this deceased equine can you at least get the naming convention right and name it 'Fixturegate' being that it stems from the original scandal stemming from the Watergate hotel.
Knit picking

It’s a great term if i May so myself

Spiro Agnew and dicky Nixon at their finest

Phil stone’s shenanigans have come to the fore which is a good thing

I had plenty of people coming up and commending me for my questions at the agm including board member fyi

So don’t try and trivialise what was roundly accepted as good points raised

I had plenty of people coming up and commending me for my questions at the agm including board member fyi

custom_message_gold_star_with_gold_glitter_texture_star_sticker-r8c6018b4e6f64bd4b7386ba858eb00be_0ugdr_8byvr_200.webp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don maybe a different cat but he will always have my respect for saving the club. Many others at the time were willing to see the merger. Don in his usual individual style spoke and lifted the proposed jumper and showed it for what it was. I am glad that the club has room for different types of people. Like others Don might have his strong points and week point but he is a Hawthorn person. He will forever have my thanks that the Hawthorn name is still alive and well in the AFL.

If you know the story of the stand, then surely you know the story of the cash reserves from then too & why we almost faced extinction ?

Scott was at the club only days ago, with Gowers, being asked to give his thoughts on who should have Number 23.

Seems like he either chose to keep his thoughts to himself or couldn’t speak to Gowers without a microphone and an audience?

Scott took a nominations form for the board positions. In fact I was told he took 8, because he wanted to enact a spill.
He’s nothing but a trouble maker who continues to bring bad noise to the club, even when they continually try to keep him on side.

Scott was at the club only days ago, with Gowers, being asked to give his thoughts on who should have Number 23.

Seems like he either chose to keep his thoughts to himself or couldn’t speak to Gowers without a microphone and an audience?

Scott took a nominations form for the board positions. In fact I was told he took 8, because he wanted to enact a spill.
He’s nothing but a trouble maker who continues to bring bad noise to the club, even when they continually try to keep him on side.
Silly old fool should have known that nominations closed a couple of weeks ago.
No point taking nom forms last week

Some people are too emotionally weak to be able to speak up, unless they do it as part of some mob.

I dont care what you ask. You have that right as a member.

Old men ruining the world and now trying to ruin my football club.

The future is now old man

That’s the second MitM reference I’ve seen here in recent weeks and I’m very much here for it.

Don maybe a different cat but he will always have my respect for saving the club. Many others at the time were willing to see the merger. Don in his usual individual style spoke and lifted the proposed jumper and showed it for what it was. I am glad that the club has room for different types of people. Like others Don might have his strong points and week point but he is a Hawthorn person. He will forever have my thanks that the Hawthorn name is still alive and well in the AFL.
Scott is a disrupter and an agitator, who wants the club to be run how it was in the 70s. A lot of it's misguided but somehow I reckon the board is probably all the stronger for knowing he & others are looking over their shoulders. When the board is allowed to go unchallenged, the club is weaker for it.

Last edited:
Absolute dickhead, and always has been. His podcast with Sam Newman is as embarrassing as his dress sense, but If anyone deserves a statue other than Kanga and Leigh Matthews, it's seriously Don Scott. He's always been a prickly bastard, but no matter how he carries on, his legacy is integral to the success of this football club as anyone's. Absolute warrior (watch the 71 GF replay if you've never seen it), two-time winning premiership captain, 3-time premieship player, 300 game player, not to mention him and Dicker single-handedly saved the club from merger. The fact he was in attendance shows he still loves the club. So from what I can gather, the main issue here is that people are taking umbrage he asked too many questions??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back