Hawthorn AGM 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

We ll await to see where this re investment will be and how this 15 mill or close too revenue will be regenerated as promised by the Kennett and now Gowers admin

Lucky bank interest is at the top of the cycle. It’s almost like it was planned to sell out on the next upswing

Lucky bank interest is at the top of the cycle. It’s almost like it was planned to sell out on the next upswing
We made 2 mill from that

But that’s not sustained income as we will use our cash building dingley

Kennett waffled we had plans in place to re invest and recoup a lot of the 15 mill pokies revenue lost

Gowers said we are looking into business opportunities and will make announcements over 12 months

I’ll await to here

We need to be where we were at the top end of revenue and profit for afl clubs to sustain our financial position as the 2nd strongest in afl

One day and that could be 10 or 20 years down the track rules change and systems change and those with the $ May gain competitive advantage

The current system of non transparent manipulation falsely mascaraded as equalisation by afl may be decidedly different in future

We made 2 mill from that

But that’s not sustained income as we will use our cash building dingley

Kennett waffled we had plans in place to re invest and recoup a lot of the 15 mill pokies revenue lost

Gowers said we are looking into business opportunities and will make announcements over 12 months

I’ll await to here

We need to be where we were at the top end of revenue and profit for afl clubs to sustain our financial position as the 2nd strongest in afl

One day and that could be 10 or 20 years down the track rules change and systems change and those with the $ May gain competitive advantage

The current system of non transparent manipulation falsely mascaraded as equalisation by afl may be decidedly different in future
Surely we can build some money making businesses at KCC right? Function hall for weddings and have Dipper be the celebrant? Pool, basketball courts and gym? Restuarant and bar?

Did anybody else read the P&L?

We would have had a $3M profit without the allowance for future legal costs. That's the first thing.
The club had a very good year considering our lowly ladder position.

Non-current assets are $41M making total net assets $90M.
Property, plant and equipment is $34M. I would love to know what that split is between Dingley and Waverley and whatever else is factored into that number.

Dingley originally cost $7.75M but will have appreciated and have improved value by now.

You have info on this or just making it up

The agm is not about Jeff don or r Greene

Real topics were raised and addressed at the agm …pleasingly Gowers and his board where receptive

Hopefully they act and produce some results on the issues raised
What were the real topics raised ?

Surely we can build some money making businesses at KCC right? Function hall for weddings and have Dipper be the celebrant? Pool, basketball courts and gym? Restuarant and bar?
That s not correct

I won’t discuss in here why but u can contact me if you wish

Why won’t you discuss in here?

homer simpson GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly thought we were looking at a high ball centre and it will have a function centre in the aflw pavilion. I assume because it’s in a green wedge zone there limited by the commercial uses they can have there

If you could learn first hand at the AGM, so it’s not confidential or private, why can’t those learnings be repeated in a hawks big footy forum?
Because it was a private convo between board member and a couple of people

If he attended he/she may have possibly joined in and listened ,rather than assuming it was bs …

The generics are there are some limitations as it’s an ex rubbish tip atm ..the specifics I won’t Risk saying in here in case I declare things I’m not meant too, which may weaken our position for future strategies that where mentioned …I’d rather play it safe for hfc then appease some non attending keyboarders in here with specifics

Regarding Tasmania, I'm sure in the short term we will want to cling to Launceston to keep our home ground advantage and profitability with low drawing sides.

If we do leave Tasmania completely, is there any chance we can play a few home games at Kardina park against low drawing interstate sides?
There is a bare minimum attendance you need at grounds to break even

MCG and Marvel are around 25,000

Kardinia Park probably similar

There is no chance we’d get 25,000 to a home game at KP against low drawing Interstate sides

Because it was a private convo between board member and a couple of people

If he attended he/she may have possibly joined in and listened ,rather than assuming it was bs …

The generics are there are some limitations as it’s an ex rubbish tip atm ..the specifics I won’t Risk saying in here in case I declare things I’m not meant too, which may weaken our position for future strategies that where mentioned …I’d rather play it safe for hfc then appease some non attending keyboarders in here with specifics
If a board member is discussing our tip venue with random keyboard attenders, then surely it can’t be too private, too sensitive

Not all of us non attending keyboarders are lucky enough to attend the AGM & have open discussions with board members

If a board member is discussing our tip venue with random keyboard attenders, then surely it can’t be too private, too sensitive

Not all of us non attending keyboarders are lucky enough to attend the AGM & have open discussions with board members

Non attending keyboarders is the hot new insult for 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back