Hawthorn AGM 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

If a board member is discussing our tip venue with random keyboard attenders, then surely it can’t be too private, too sensitive

Not all of us non attending keyboarders are lucky enough to attend the AGM & have open discussions with board members

everyone is registered at the AGM ...the randoms are here only....& it isn't "if" ...again if you watched the AGM there's context understanding to what's been said

in any case I'm wasting my time in here as pointless really so that will be the end on this

everyone is registered at the AGM ...the randoms are here only....& it isn't "if" ...again if you watched the AGM there's context understanding to what's been said

in any case I'm wasting my time in here as pointless really so that will be the end on this
So the discussion you speak of with the board member, I could have watched it ?

If that’s the case, again it’s not private so post it

Last edited:

Also, you said had the random keyboard non attenders attended, they may have joined the convo.
So if random keyboard non attenders attended & joined the convo, it can’t be too confidential that it can’t be posted here.
Even if they were registered, they are still randoms, just random attenders, not random non attenders.

And wasting others ....

Because it was a private convo between board member and a couple of people

If he attended he/she may have possibly joined in and listened ,rather than assuming it was bs …

The generics are there are some limitations as it’s an ex rubbish tip atm ..the specifics I won’t Risk saying in here in case I declare things I’m not meant too, which may weaken our position for future strategies that where mentioned …I’d rather play it safe for hfc then appease some non attending keyboarders in here with specifics
What is funny is that you were prepared to share the information in DMs which could then be shared again.

You're not a Board member. The Board members in question have made it public by having a conversation with the public. All you are doing is trying to make out you are "special" cause you went to the AGM. I think you may need to grow up.

Willing to declare I was unable to attend the AGM this year, but it seems to me that Andy Gowers was very courteous and allowed Don Scott the leeway a man of his standing within the club deserved.

In regards to fundraising, we received the $15m from the state government when Merlino got the nod. Make of that what you will.

The other $10m that Gowers promised is in the lap of Tim Shearer. His role is picking the pockets of the corporates to raise money for the club. JGK suggested Shearer had previously raised a few million from within his Scotch network, but I'm not convinced he has done enough to justify his position on the board, particularly since being backed heavily by Jeff 2 elections ago. Maria Liu, the newly minted director has done more for the club's foundation than Shearer has. His role now seems redundant.

We do need to find that $10m and probably a bit more, but I suspect that will now fall to Ash Klein and sponsorship deals for the KCC for a large portion of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back