Game Day 2023 Grand Final : Pies v Lions

Who wins the 2023 AFL Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised not many in here were happy for Mitchell?

Thought he left on good terms?

There's been plenty of that elsewhere. Don't think there would be many Hawthorn fans who wouldn't have been happy for him.

It's pretty funny how Richmond supporters were so apathetic towards us for suggesting they trade for Mitchell at the end of 2021.
They're now entrenched in the bottom 10 after selling their immediate future for Hopper and Taranto at the same time instead.

Hes taken a fair few cracks at the club since he left- I'm not sure whether he's had a falling out with people since or something but I'm not super impressed with how he's communicated about jt all.

Hes taken a fair few cracks at the club since he left- I'm not sure whether he's had a falling out with people since or something but I'm not super impressed with how he's communicated about jt all.
FIGJAM who thinks he’s sticking it up us, fair play to him but fk me he’s been a sook since he left. Watching him play on the weekend was hard as a neutral, I must have had rose tinted glass watching him in brown and gold because the amount of times he is shrugging for high tackles and throwing the ball out of the contest is ridiculous - very frustrating

Edit: egg on my face he was making a pretty good joke about Maginess on Daicos. Fair bump play on. Still a figjam

Last edited:

Youve just won a GF and your on an oppo board ?🤷‍♂️

Reckon a decent chunk on our board have happily mentioned him . Fact is he was stifling our young mids . Win/win trade

FIGJAM who thinks he’s sticking it up us, fair play to him but fk me he’s been a sook since he left. Watching him play on the weekend was hard as a neutral, I must have had rose tinted glass watching him in brown and gold because the amount of times he is shrugging for high tackles and throwing the ball out of the contest is ridiculous - very frustrating

Close to best on ground and clearly best mid on ground. Used ball well by hand and foot, always putting it to the teams advantage (a criticism for us that he didn't achieve enough). Add all the tackles to that and he was immense. Good on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Mitchell was/is my favourite player - fantastic GF (again) - was absolutely wrapped for him.
Mind you, I'm hoping to transfer all that love to Cam Mackenzie in the coming year.

I've read / seen nothing from Tom Mitchell in the press to suggest sour grapes as some suggest. I think some Hawks fans are just pissy because he's spoken in interviews about being the happiest he's ever been as a footballer this year. Not that outrageous given the year the Pies have had from start to finish - and his obvious bromance with the likes of Pendlebury (a fellow NBA fanatic). Some are also pissy because they've spent more than a couple of posts slagging him off as ineffective - and symptomatic, if not the cause, of our problems - when in fact, his quality and strengths have always been there ... what hasn't been there at the Hawks, are outside runners with the class to take advantage of his inside work. Needless to say, the Pies do have some serious outside talent (Daicos, Pendlebury, Crisp, DeGoey) and have taken full advantage of his work. A massive factor in your flag.

The churlishness of a minority of posters is both weird and predictable. Like a bloke who dumps his girlfriend and then sh**ts on her because she's happy with a new boyfriend.

Crazy some of the role players for Pies who are now premiership players

You can’t tell me CJ wouldn’t pop TF off in Oleg Markov’s role for example

Game plan to suit players, belief and mental fortitude are huge factors when the comp is so even talent-wise

Game plan to suit players, belief and mental fortitude are huge factors when the comp is so even talent-wise

I got absolutely crucified in bigfooty suggesting mcrae was a good coach but was apparently second choice by both Collingwood and hawthorn. It’s not as if I am as Sammy detractor, I was just pointing that out

Yep was a role model with his work ethic on and off the field. Showed up a lot of our guys for work rate when he arrived and lifted the standards. Was badly treated by us in the last year and still didn't complain.

Glad he got to experience the ultimate towards the end of his career. They have had a career year at all different levels on and off the field. I hope Sammy and the club can generate that level of excitement and bring us along for the ride.

Jack Ginnivan premiership superstar

vomit-jim-carrey.gif

Back