Autopsy Round 21, 2023 : Hawks roast the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

You play forward, sometimes you’ll get hit from all directions, like forwards do.

The Blanck hit is a non-issue. Slightly late, didn’t get him high and and didn’t even go through with it. No 50 and Collingwood players didn’t seem to care, Blanck just got up and strolled off.

Even Daicos was matter of fact about it. I thought his response/behaviour on the bench was pretty mature tbh, given how his day panned out.

Daicos is a class outfit. Just plays for the wrong team. :)

The best part of the win is arriving at work on Monday and noticing the lippiest Collingwood fan has squibbed the whole day 😀

Another thing I noticed in the replay is how much of an offensive weapon Weddle is forward of centre.

He just has too much power for any and all defensive wingmen/half backs.

And his size means he's competitive in the air; he's quite good overhead.

One thing I made a point to pay attention to at the game was how hard Lewis works off the ball. I groan whenever he's providing a linking option on the wing as he's more valuable taking those marks inside 50, but whenever he did that on Saturday I watched what he did after his kick. He works HARD to get back deep after centring the ball, and is often at the end of that same chain. Very fit and quick for someone his size.

Another thing I noticed in the replay is how much of an offensive weapon Weddle is forward of centre.

He just has too much power for any and all defensive wingmen/half backs.

Remember when Bont took that contested mark on Luke Hodge in the 2016 semi? That was the torch passing moment from one superstar to another, and the final score of that game symbolised the ushering of a new era.

Had that exact same feeling when Weddle and Pendlebury were chasing a bouncing footy and Josh just ran straight past him and took off with it.

Remember when Bont took that contested mark on Luke Hodge in the 2016 semi? That was the torch passing moment from one superstar to another, and the final score of that game symbolised the ushering of a new era.

Had that exact same feeling when Weddle and Pendlebury were chasing a bouncing footy and Josh just ran straight past him and took off with it.
Are you suggesting that Weddle stole Pendlebury's talent like the Nerdlucks did to the NBA stars in Space Jam?

Are you suggesting that Weddle stole Pendlebury's talent like the Nerdlucks did to the NBA stars in Space Jam?
I loved that moment for the commentary, when they said "Pendles is great but he can't beat Weddle in space" or something to that effect. Wether it's true or not, the fact that the wider footy world is already clued into the Weddle Waddle and sees him as a player of interest is great.

I loved that moment for the commentary, when they said "Pendles is great but he can't beat Weddle in space" or something to that effect. Wether it's true or not, the fact that the wider footy world is already clued into the Weddle Waddle and sees him as a player of interest is great.
D+ recruiting

Coaches votes so far this year:
RoundTotal
1​
2​
3​
4​
5​
6​
7​
8​
9​
10​
11​
12​
13​
14​
15​
16​
17​
18​
19​
20​
21​
22​
23​
24​
Jai Newcombe
53​
7​
3​
4​
1​
4​
8​
7​
7​
6​
3​
3​
James Sicily
52​
5​
2​
3​
7​
10​
5​
10​
10​
Will Day
24​
8​
5​
2​
1​
8​
Conor Nash
17​
5​
2​
3​
1​
1​
5​
James Worpel
16​
2​
1​
10​
3​
Dylan Moore
16​
8​
6​
1​
1​
Mitch Lewis
12​
10​
2​
Connor MacDonald
11​
9​
2​
Luke Breust
10​
1​
2​
7​
Karl Amon
8​
8​
Blake Hardwick
7​
3​
3​
1​
Jarman Impey
7​
2​
3​
2​
Josh Weddle
6​
6​
Sam Frost
5​
3​
2​
Ned Reeves
4​
1​
3​
Finn Maginness
3​
1​
2​
Tyler Brockman
2​
2​
Changkuoth Jiath
1​
1​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely love how Jai doesn’t take s**t from anyone. Last saw that from a young Hodge.
The Get in his face attitude at every opportunity is sooo Hodgee. Made me giggle very proudly, saw Day shoulder someone and bounce off But with intent;), the two of them get what it is to play for Hawthorn.

One thing I made a point to pay attention to at the game was how hard Lewis works off the ball. I groan whenever he's providing a linking option on the wing as he's more valuable taking those marks inside 50, but whenever he did that on Saturday I watched what he did after his kick. He works HARD to get back deep after centring the ball, and is often at the end of that same chain. Very fit and quick for someone his size.
Yes, Lewis is quick. He was really motoring when he burst through with that 50 metre goal in the 3rd quarter. He was pretty pumped too.

View attachment 1767396

Bit surprised only one coach gave votes to Newcombe
Can someone explain how McCreery got a vote? 11 touches 1 goal 4 tackles even his large number of pressure cast at 25 was third behind Worpel and Crisp who had 26 and 27 touches respectively. I know stats aren’t everything but in a side that got smashed I am at a loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back