Autopsy Round 23, 2023 : Hawks fall to the Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought we lost structure when we took Ramma off. Was impressed he looked comfortable at the level. Was surprised that Serong went back and not forward as we were really struggling for targets and contests up fwd.

Was a really strong effort - took a couple of moments of brilliance from a couple of their class players to create a gap on us. Thought if Breust had kicked that left foot snap the game may have played our differently.

CMac not far off tearing a game to shreds he is moving really well.
Lost our structure from about half way through the 3rd. It was a real Ross Lyon flood there for a bit where we would bomb it out of the backine and it was 1 on 6 out of the 50 and the ball would just come back in. Ramsden then coming off a 3/4 time didn't help it either

Goodwin is an arrogant grub, never liked him, can’t stand him even more now. Hope he gets all that’s coming to him. Singling out Finn in his press conference and discrediting him is a disgrace from a senior coach.

At least he's given us our pre-game speech for next season.

We'll smash those Yes voters.

I've seen a lot of s**t takes on here, but this is one of the worst. Assuming the rumours are true, the guy has a medical problem.

I don't think the quoted passage shows any class at all.

We wouldn't tolderate it for someone with Tourette's, or someone in a wheelchair, or someone with depression. Why should we tolerate it for addiction?

[FWIW, I thought Goodwin himself had a s**t take himself in his presser over Finn...]
The post was about him being a dick in the press conference, I can see what the first syllable of your name means now.

The post was about him being a dick in the press conference, I can see what the first syllable of your name means now.

Your post specifically referenced his alleged drug addiction. Either own it or don't; but don't be a revisionist. That's pathetic, especially coming from someone who has claims to being so hyper-intelligent.

Wanna see a flog? Go look in a mirror. (Mind you, if you really are a chemist as you claim to be, you'd know that the first syllable is pronounced "floj". So perhaps you're not quite the Marvin you seem to think you are).

Your post specifically referenced his alleged drug addiction. Either own it or don't; but don't be a revisionist. That's pathetic, especially coming from someone who has claims to being so hyper-intelligent.

Wanna see a flog? Go look in a mirror. (Mind you, if you really are a chemist as you claim to be, you'd know that the first syllable is pronounced "floj". So perhaps you're not quite the Marvin you seem to think you are).
No it didn't. It referenced the fact that he buys drugs. YOU were the one that brought up addiction. And how the hell is phogiston related to chemistry? It doesn't exist. Phlog.

Last edited:
No it didn't. It referenced the fact that he buys drugs. YOU were the one that brought up addiction. And how the hell is phogiston related to chemistry? It doesn't exist. Phlog.

"Phogiston" isn't. Man, from a someone who jumps on spelling errors, you sure don't seem to care about your own. "Heroine", now "phogiston". Also, "You were the one that brought up" should read "You were the one who brought up." Get your grammar right, fella.

Phlogiston, on the other hand, is a discredited theory of chemistry, eg Antoine Laurent Lavoisier The Chemical Revolution - Landmark - American Chemical Society

That's how's it related to chemistry. I trust you can make the causal link. Look, I know it's psychologically important for you to have the last word, so go for it, knock yourself out. I won't reply and bore everyone else here. And you can feel good about yourself.

For everyone else here, I thought Hustwaite played really well on debut. We are building some fabulous stocks of large bodied midfielders. Exciting times ahead!

Last edited:
Out: Lewis, Wingard and Newcombe
In: Hustwaite game 1, Ramsden game 2, Serong game 4 and Long game 5.
In context a pretty good performance especially with Sicily well below his best!
Sicily was tagged by the melbourne team. He had a minder at all times during the game. It was several players taking turns to ensure ge was never free

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sicily was tagged by the melbourne team. He had a minder at all times during the game. It was several players taking turns to ensure ge was never free
Thought they did it really well tbh .

Wont be as easy though as we get better as a side . Lock down Sis but someone else gets off the chain .

Thought they did it really well tbh .

Wont be as easy though as we get better as a side . Lock down Sis but someone else gets off the chain .
Yep CJ for instance was getting a bit of attention once he started making an impact. Having him back will help. He will be devestating now with imp and weddle

Is Will Day injured? Didn't see him much in the last quarter
He looked really sore when he slammed into the goal post just before half time.

Then in the last quarter he kept stretching his groins, not sure cramping or tightness.

Give him and Worpel a rest next week I think, give Stephens and McKenzie a go.

Last edited:
Super excited for next year, absolutely no reason we can't play finals. I think we'll win enough games to qualify, simple as that. As with most teams, we'll lose key players through the year to injury but unless we do a West Coast, we'll have the players to cover as we found out on Sunday. We were competitive but just ran out of puff. You could feel their tiredness from in the stands. They have youth fitness but not match hardened fitness.

Another pre-season, another summer in the gym and we'll run out those games and Sam's game plan means we'll become the hunted. It's an unpredictable and flexible machine that uses all the moving parts rather than relying on the big cogs. Part of me wishes the season could go on but it's finished at the right time, the young players will enter 2024 full of belief and confidence rather than dragging their burnt out bodies over the line.

On review Ned Longs game was reasonably solid. That good strong chest mark next to the bench was great. Was overshadowed by Huss but he showed some of his toughness at times.

Really loving the new lease of life that DGB has. Love how hard he is hitting the ball. He's now got a quiet confidence at this level. It's great to see this development.

Let's not count our chickens re-finals next year. Freo were supposed to break it wide open this year and failed miserably.
Let the boys realise that there's a mountain of work to do and we've won 7 games. The one thing I hate is when my team gets ahead of themselves.
Focus, focus, focus.

Let's not count our chickens re-finals next year. Freo were supposed to break it wide open this year and failed miserably.
Let the boys realise that there's a mountain of work to do and we've won 7 games. The one thing I hate is when my team gets ahead of themselves.
Focus, focus, focus.
Yeah as good and promising as this season has been we are still 20 points off the top 8. Progression is not linear and we are no guarantee to improve yet alone take a huge leap next year.

I just hope to see us continue to take steps forward and see the core group continue to establish themselves. We know what we have in Day, Nuke, Lewis, Moore etc. They will be a huge part in our next flag tilt, i just hope to see some of DGB, Hustwaite, Ramsden, Serong, Mackenzie etc start to cement themselves as belonging in that first group.

If that leads to finals next year than that is awesome, but definitely don't want to be getting too carried away.

Goodwin is an arrogant grub, never liked him, can’t stand him even more now. Hope he gets all that’s coming to him. Singling out Finn in his press conference and discrediting him is a disgrace from a senior coach.
Goodwin is clearly a sh!t bloke. Fits the Pro Merger culture perfectly. I will never forget what he said, or wish him well in any minuscule way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back