Preview Round 23, 2023 : Demons v Hawks, 3:20pm Sun 20th Aug MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definetly individual form makes a big difference.

But I looked at some of the forward lines in particular Sam was picking at the start of the year and realistically there was just no way in heck we were ever winning those games.

I feel like Sam did a bit of that this year, leaving players out of the side like Kosy and Scrimmers for educational purposes that probably cost us games.

Not saying it was wrong thing to do in a development year but I hope we have more of a win first mentality in 2024.
Crash therapy/tough love. Seems to have worked.

Crash therapy/tough love. Seems to have worked.
Yeh in a development year it makes a brutal kind of sense.

Next year though we would want to be putting out our best 22 every week as we really should be aiming for a spot in the 8.

And I'm sure Sam would want the players to see reward for the last two years as well l.

Yeh in a development year it makes a brutal kind of sense.

Next year though we would want to be putting out our best 22 every week as we really should be aiming for a spot in the 8.

And I'm sure Sam would want the players to see reward for the last two years as well l.
Absolutely, but getting out of the way this year is good. Should be aiming to get in the 8 next year, I think the list, the coaching and coaches are good enough to do it. Need a bit of luck but you always needs a bit of luck, enough injuries can kill the best teams year. I also don't think there is much gap between 16th and 1st.

We got some potential A graders in classic Hawthorn roles, ones that we seem to have when the team is successful - Sicily is the Quarterback (Hodge), Lewis the physical mobile CHF (been a few), the toughest midfielder in Nuke (Matthews), Kosi could be a proper forward ruck (Hale) and we even have a potential A grade tap ruckmen - a rare thing for the Hawks. I'm not saying that the players are the same, but they are fulfilling roles which we usually have had A graders in when we have been successful. Just need to add a forward wiz.

Added - I forgot Amon. A+ grade winger - when successful we usually have one of these.

Last edited:

There's been whispers about Day, Duke and Nash as all being sore, which is why Huss is the carryover emergency one would imagine
With Worps, Long, CMac, Ward and Moore all able to take centre bounces we will definitely be able to carry them if they are a little under the weather.

Still going to lose a lot of drive if these guys are even a bit down though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this week is anything to go by it’ll be day who pulls out, my supercoach team has been totally bent over by the injuries to daicos, libba and late out of ldu, miraculously I’m still a chance to win, so that probably means day late out and I get royally ****ed again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back