Autopsy Round 23, 2023 : Hawks fall to the Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with the game today. We went in young, gave them a run for their money.

I rated the fact they actually respected how we were playing and adapted to counter it. They’re a great defensive side and kept our inside 50 count super low. They’ll go deep in September I think, Lever is very very good.

Melbourne were playing to remain in the top 4 yet we pushed them for the majority of the game. Seriously impressive effort from such an inexperienced side.

Henry Hustwaite was outstanding on debut. Could be another MM draft gem.

If we nail the trade and draft period I feel finals is a realistic chance for 2024.

Happy with the game today. We went in young, gave them a run for their money.

I rated the fact they actually respected how we were playing and adapted to counter it. They’re a great defensive side and kept our inside 50 count super low. They’ll go deep in September I think, Lever is very very good.
I reckon we could almost copy the Dees game plan next year to make the finals.

We both have very strong midfields (Trac = Newk, Oliver = Day, etc)

We both have pretty good defensive units however we are lacking another quality KPD (how good would our backline look with May in it).

Now we just need to improve our forward line to at least competitive (Dees forward line isn’t a whole lot better than ours TBH).

We are not that far off it.

But yea right ow the Dees should be ready to go deep into this final series, defence wins premierships and they have the best back six going.

Shut up Goodwin. That was a win on experience and experience alone and he knows it !
Take a Chill Pill or an İce bath and stop Needling opposition.

I don’t think there’s a spot for Koschitzke in the forward-line next year. I would rather have Lewis, Ryan & Grainger-Barras as the three forwards.

One needs to learn how to ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't watch any of the game but pleased to be competitive against a very good side, especially without Lewis and Newk

Feels like we are discovering that we have 30 odd players all more than capable of playing AFL; strong depth wins flags

Very, very exciting times ahead

People potting Impey can’t be serious? He’s had close to an All Australian year and Hardwick should be in it

We pushed a premiership contender with seven or so guys who were playing at Box Hill together a month a go, our future is bright
Agree on Imp. Thought he was great. Melbourne guy behind me was continually lamenting, “Impey’s killing us!”

Hope Mitchell responds to that garbage from Goodwin. Finn is not a dirty tagger and deserves some respect, especially when he's clamped Oliver and only had one less touch himself.

Seemed like Oliver was especially mad at Moore. Would love to know what Moore said.

Never used to see Franklin lose his s**t like that after one of his mysterious injuries.

The younger guys like Ramsden, Long and Husthwaite all I did nicely and gives us options going forward, whilst serving looked comfortable in the last.
McDonald, I thought, was in our best and is becoming a really good player. Can’t wait till he gets to 50 games plus.
DGB, worked well, attacked the ball hard and had his best game as a forward. Still learning his forward craft, and curious is he moves back next year.
Worpel, easily best on ground
Reeves, matched Gawn and his last 3 weeks have been huge.

Overall, it was a really competitive effort from a young side we had out there today. There’s plenty to like and we have good depth.

Looking forward to next year already

Remove this Banner Ad

Back