Autopsy Round 22, 2023 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m still reading through the comments, and this may have already been said, but this is the best commentary exchange of the year

Question: How do you stop Newcomb? The answer “put Finn Magginness on him.”

That was commentary GOLD!

I‘ll find the commentators… and edit this post.
Yeah I chuckled at that.

Pretty sure it was Gerard. Say what you like about him but that was dry and sharp.

Last edited:
Pretty great game!

Been away and haven't seen much Hawks - watched the replays of this and North game B2B last night. The improvement trajectory is tangible even over that short time.

Does anyone know if there have been any utterances from HQ about the Sicily kick in rundown tackle? You'd have to assume that if cleared as OK and "correct decision" coaches will be starting a player out of bounds behind the goals for every kick in now? Worst case scenario it slows the kick in down.

Too often we seem to not be a preferred destination, but you hope that prospective trade targets (top flight ones...) see these past two wins as reason enough to tell their managers "I want to go to Hawthorn".

So much to like out this win, i wont state the obvious as it's all been said

• Finally winning a close one
  • Reeves matching it with English - No tape on knee is a good sign
  • Weightman must dread seeing Blake walk in his direction
  • Weightman being pinballed by Duke
  • Good crowd noise at the end, we are generally a quite bunch down here
  • Kosi stood up, was this a break out game? This was better game than his 5 goal game IMO
  • DGB there is a flicker there of what can be
  • Loved that the bullies best players didn't dominate & we dominated them

Pretty great game!

Been away and haven't seen much Hawks - watched the replays of this and North game B2B last night. The improvement trajectory is tangible even over that short time.

Does anyone know if there have been any utterances from HQ about the Sicily kick in rundown tackle? You'd have to assume that if cleared as OK and "correct decision" coaches will be starting a player out of bounds behind the goals for every kick in now? Worst case scenario it slows the kick in down.

Sicily is on special rules.

Must say Gerard has gone all positive on Hawthorn after so many years of negativity
Yes, I must say I'm a bit uncomfortable with it. It could be my late fathers fault Gerard has clearly hated the Hawks over the years. We played junior footy for Edithvale Aspendale, and my father used to often watch with Mrs Healy, who I believe was a St Kilda supporter, as was the family. We had knocked off the Saints in the 1971 GF and I know he used to tease her about it, he could be a bit of a stirrer.

Yes, I know it's more likely that the GF loss was the cause along with the diverging paths the clubs followed after, nonetheless its a good story and I'm sticking to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back