Autopsy Round 7, 2023 : Hawks go down to Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't make the most of the opportunities early.

Lost the momentum and fell away.

Welcome back, Lewis and Day.

Go at it.

Not upset about that one at all.

We missed chances at important times - but s**t we looked good in patches as well.

Don't think I've felt as calm during a game while also enjoying it that much. This is a compelling rebuild. I reckon we've put a lot of effort into making sure we don't get blown away and it's contributed to us being conservative or looking less energetic in the third the last few weeks.

I’m glad Bont didn’t kick a goal
I don’t like Naughton

Nash did a good job
Will was awesome
Jai was impressive
Lewis - welcome back, we’ve missed you. Just a shame you couldn’t convert those marks

Baffled by the lack of energy in the last
It was Cats all over again - stopped doing everything we did in the first

Can see where we are heading and for that I am happy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great first half.

Spoon worthy second half.

I suppose that's really to be expected at this point in our development.

Positives were the contested game, some of our ball movement and some individual performances from - Lewis (despite some misses), Day, Sicily, Newcombe and Reeves. Nash was good on the Bont too, curbed him a little but the main positive was he was good when we had the ball.

Beaten - comfortably in the end - by a side that is comfortably better than us.

Followed the familiar trend of a great first half and poor second half. Not sure where the solution lies to that. We are at least remaining competitive in recent weeks.

On the positive side, Lewis was terrific. Better return than could have been expected.

Reeves broke even (or beat?) the likely All Australian ruck. Seriously good performance.

Sicily, Day, Newcombe, Breust all decent but a better side just wrestled it away from us in the second half.

Terrific first half, lost our way in the second. Plenty of positives from that great half of football though

Being able to run out games is going to be an issue for a while until the young guys get up to AFL fitness levels

Lewis was terrific marking everything. Ran out of legs but he will only be better for the run
Newk was a constant bull through the middle and a couple of goals to boot
Day is an elite talent, was very good today
Reeves I thought beat English for the day. Was a very good performance again from the big guy

Heaps to like and all part of the learning curve

I reckon Reeves just had the best performance of the season vs English. That bloke is ******* monstering everyone, even Darcy and Co.

English still had a big impact but he's the best in the game right now. Reeves really took it to him. Well done to him and the boys for really fighting it out. Just not good enough to finish the opportunities. But the vision forward is crystal clear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back