Preview Round 22, 2023 : Hawks V Dogs, UTAS 1:10pm Sunday 13th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brockman didn't complete match sim again today, I was told
DGB doesn't have a spot with Kozzie and Ryan nailing their roles last week.
You possibly say the same with Frost, but it seems if we do need another tall they're looking to give Serong an opportunity.

Rethink if Serong is not selected, Mitchell is backing the defence in. Amon will be the only inclusion.

Sicily - Naughton
Scrimshaw - UGH
Blanck - Lobb.

Serong has to play.

Who the fk is gonna take JUH and Lobb??
We might give Weddle a go actually. He’s only a couple of inches shorter and the same weight. He also has the athletic abilities for the job. Blanck to Lobb and Sic to Naughton is how ide go. Having said all that I’m not averse to Serong getting a run. Just not sure who he’d go to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see Serong lining up on JUH with his similar height/size/athleticism. And if he did well …….. how good would that be!!!!! Where we are at worth a roll of the dice given his progress/development at BH in recent times. Good for his experience especially if that’s where the coaches are planning to play him long term.

HAWKS

B: J.Sicily - C, J.Scrimshaw, J.Blanck
HB: H.Morrison, J.Impey, B.Hardwick
C: J.Weddle, J.Worpel, F.Maginness
HF: C.Wingard, L.Breust, C.Nash
F: D.Moore, M.Lewis, C.Macdonald
FOLL: N.Reeves, J.Newcombe, W.Day

I/C (FROM): N.Long, B.Macdonald, B.Ryan, K.Amon, J.Koschitzke, J.Ward, J.Serong, S.Mitchell

In: J.Serong, N.Long, B.Macdonald, K.Amon
Out: C.Mackenzie (Sub)

A very meh selection this week on who is listed as a certainty and can't make out what we are trying to convey here.

Not sure why we haven't named two key forwards on ground. Makes for a very strange interchange.

I/C (FROM): N.Long, B.Macdonald, B.Ryan, K.Amon, J.Koschitzke, J.Ward, J.Serong, S.Mitchell

Really tough bench to pick from- I've gone in assuming we're going to rest Ward and Mitchell and Kosi gets knocked because I don't think Ryan can be out of the side.
Long could be fighting for a contract for next season and I think Serong will be given a few weeks to see if his development at VFL is applicable to AFL.
But then we only go in with one ruck if Kosi doesn't play. I'm perplexed on who is listed on the ground rather than who has been picked overall.

Blanck - Naughton
Weddle - JUH
Sicily - Lobbe
We would get out marked on the odd occasion but need to play to our strengths and rebound at speed! Sicily loves playing on lumbering types and Weddle needs to run off JUH at every opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back