Preview Round 10, 2023 : Hawks v Eagles, UTAS 1:10pm, Sunday 21st May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly my point.

Our coaching panel this year has extended multiple chances to players such as Bramble, Kossy, MacDonald (heck even Wingard) with average returns.

Yet for some reason one of our most talented, consistent players in his absolute prime at 24 has been pushed to the VFL.

And he has never to my memory been actually listed as injured in the club website?

I'm surprised people act like this is no big deal, something is clearly up with Jack's relationship with the club/coach.

And as I have said multiple times before for a team with one win for the year it would be a disaster to lose one of our few proven, quality AFL players to another club (and trust me they will be following this with interest).

FFS, he’s been pushed to the VFL has he? How many VFL matches has he played? How about Bramble and Kosi? I fail to see how they are “given multiple opportunities” and Scrimshaw has been “pushed to the VFL”.

You have an agenda and only read comments that support it. We all get your position. Please stop repeating it so incessantly in the face of reasoned and rational responses (other people’s, not my diatribe)

Sam said on the record Scrim was a best 18 or 22 player, he has had a bit of a niggle and/or working on something

I keep hearing this.

If he has a niggle then rest him, get him right and then give him a chance to play.

If he’s not, then stop stuffing around with in and out and on and off the sub list.

It’s very weird.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You must be looking at a Hawthorn BF board from another dimension, Kosi is one of several players on our list who's copped it from pillar to post since he first set foot on the field in our colours....
Well since game 2 anyway. Pretty sure there was universal love on debut kicking 5

Thanks to everyone for all your support, and a special thanks to those who directly messaged me. Today has been a much better day. I went and saw my father and went for a drive in my BMW down the Great Ocean Road, which I haven’t done for a while. I saw some of the Box Hill game, and it was good to see Henry Hustwaite play what will hopefully be his breakout game. It was also good to see Jai Serong make his comeback. I think I am ready for the potential sh*tshow we're going to serve up tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for all your support, and a special thanks to those who directly messaged me. Today has been a much better day. I went and saw my father and went for a drive in my BMW down the Great Ocean Road, which I haven’t done for a while. I saw some of the Box Hill game, and it was good to see Henry Hustwaite play what will hopefully be his breakout game. It was also good to see Jai Serong make his comeback. I think I am ready for the potential sh*tshow we're going to serve up tomorrow.

The Hawks will get a nice win tomorrow for you 20 - 40 points. We might get a double win if North hold on hear!

FFS, he’s been pushed to the VFL has he? How many VFL matches has he played? How about Bramble and Kosi? I fail to see how they are “given multiple opportunities” and Scrimshaw has been “pushed to the VFL”.

You have an agenda and only read comments that support it. We all get your position. Please stop repeating it so incessantly in the face of reasoned and rational responses (other people’s, not my diatribe)
The reasoned and rational responses seem to say that Scrimmers is being left out of the team because he has deficiencies.

Well we are bottom of the ladder, fair to say most, if not all, of our players have deficiencies (many much more obvious than Jack's).

I want to know why the club has taken such a hardline approach to a proven, quality player. It seems to have come out of the blue over the pre season.

From where I am sitting it is not working and if anything it is causing him to regress as a player.

I keep hearing this.

If he has a niggle then rest him, get him right and then give him a chance to play.

If he’s not, then stop stuffing around with in and out and on and off the sub list.

It’s very weird.

Been one of the most unusual periods of player management I have ever seen.

If he's injured, name him as injured on the injury list and give him a couple of weeks off to fully recover.

If you are making a choice to drop him then admit that and play him in Box Hill and state the reasoning behind your decision.

That's what makes me think there is something else going on. I honestly worry Jack won't be with us at the end of the year if this keeps up.

I keep hearing this.

It’s very weird.

It might be a courtesy towards Scrimshaw publicly, or a half truth at least. His form has definitely been below expectations.

The reasoned and rational responses seem to say that Scrimmers is being left out of the team because he has deficiencies.

Well we are bottom of the ladder, fair to say most, if not all, of our players have deficiencies (many much more obvious than Jack's).

I want to know why the club has taken such a hardline approach to a proven, quality player. It seems to have come out of the blue over the pre season.

From where I am sitting it is not working and if anything it is causing him to regress as a player.

Is it causing him to regress, or is his regression causing it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it causing him to regress, or is his regression causing it?
Put it this way he was a top ten player last year for our club (top ten in PCM and top 7 for Yabby medal).

He had a super consistent year (like every year he has played for the Hawks).

And yet this pre season he has appeared on the outer with the club (being named in the aspirants not probables) and has been played out of position and named as sub.

It's like everything you wouldn't want to do to a player to get them playing their best (play them in their best position, rest them if injured, etc) has been done to him.

Why would he regress at 24, that makes no sense.

I almost feel like Sam has stamped his papers which gets me worried as this kid is a serious talent and we can't afford to lose him.

Put it this way he was a top ten player last year for our club (top ten in PCM and top 7 for Yabby medal).

He had a super consistent year (like every year he has played for the Hawks).

And yet this pre season he has appeared on the outer with the club (being named in the aspirants not probables) and has been played out of position and named as sub.

It's like everything you wouldn't want to do to a player to get them playing their best (play them in their best position, rest them if injured, etc) has been done to him.

Why would he regress at 24, that makes no sense.

I almost feel like Sam has stamped his papers which gets me worried as this kid is a serious talent and we can't afford to lose him.
Can you seriously stop posting the same ******* paragraphs over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

I think you need to write a heartfelt letter to Sam Mitchell because none of us here are going to give you the response you want. 😉

Unless you’re Adrian Dodoro incognito - and we will take your 2 First rounders in exchange for Jack.

I think you need to write a heartfelt letter to Sam Mitchell because none of us here are going to give you the response you want. 😉
HedgeFund beat me by 30 minutes...

Give it a rest, will you? We all know your position by rote

Last edited:
Scrimshaw looked a class above in the VFL today as you would expect. Will be back in the seniors shortly and remain there.
His skills aren't the issue. He looked good when he had the ball but again, even in the VFL, he didn't work hard enough and didn’t attack contests with anywhere near the intensity required. A bloke the calibre of Scrimshaw in the stage of his career that Scrim is in should be dominating the VFL, not getting a low effort 17 touches.

At risk of circle work, nobody would question that Scrimshaw is one of the more talented players on the list with ball in hand. That’s just not the issue.

He should look a class above VFL, because he is a class above VFL. But his work rate and defensive intent isn’t.

Foolishly left my membership cards at home (in Melbourne). Would a photo of the barcode work? Failing that is there somewhere at the ground I can get my membership ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back