Preview Round 16, 2023 : Hawks v Blues, 1:10pm Sunday 2nd July, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In - ward , cj
Out - scrim , McKenzie he needs to dominate in the midfield for boxhill and work on his defensive side.

Bramble sub

Day playing the sicily role and ward straight into the middle.

CJ needs at least a week at Box Hill.
McKenzie looked off yesterday.
Scrim is a very good football but no KPD.
Keep the two rucks - Kosi needs to stay up forward and build confidence.
Backline looks lost without Sicily. Day to HBF.
Out - McKenzie, Bramble
In - DGB, Ward
Butler in the team, Scrim to sub.

Ins: Ward DGB Long/Stephens (Butler into the 22)
Outs: Bramble Scrim Meek

Dimma Blanck DGB
Impey Frost Weddle
Day Newk Amon
Moore Lewis CMac
Bruest Kosi Brocky
Reeves Nash Worps
Ward Butler Long/Stephens Mitchell
Frenchie

Surprised at the calls for Scrim to be dropped. Seemed to make a few errors yesterday but stats suggest he went at 90% from 31 possies. That’s not bad going.

Recon if we can free him up a little more, be could play the Sicily floating role.

And there’s no way CJ is coming straight in even if he’s fit.
I don’t think he will be dropped but some of his skill errors didn’t result in a direct turnover so it records as an efficient kick even though it turned a simple mark into a ground ball get under pressure and then a turnover.

Surprised at the calls for Scrim to be dropped. Seemed to make a few errors yesterday but stats suggest he went at 90% from 31 possies. That’s not bad going.

Recon if we can free him up a little more, be could play the Sicily floating role.

Never going to be a KPP. That role will kill his career. Is a great flanker/interceptor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need Day to stay in middle. So a back likely comes in. DGB wasn’t great at BH but is the only tall option.

Blues have 3 talls up front - McKay, Curnow and TDK. This will be the challenge with Sicily out, particularly if blues get on top in middle.
No. TDK is a permanent ruck. Silvagni usually plays 3rd tall.

Btw, isn't Nash the perfect match up for Cripps!

His lack of intensity was noticeable yesterday. Wasn’t our worst by any means but a team balance perspective Day is a better option with Ward slotting into the midfield for mine. DGB or Frost to take the third tall frees up Weddle to be more attacking and currently he offers more than Scrim.

Day, Weddle, Mitchell and Impey rebounding from our back 50 is a solid group.

We need Day to stay in middle. So a back likely comes in. DGB wasn’t great at BH but is the only tall option.

Blues have 3 talls up front - McKay, Curnow and TDK. This will be the challenge with Sicily out, particularly if blues get on top in middle.
I feel we could keep Day back in defence and bring in Ward and one of Stephens or Long to strengthen our mid rotation.

Day is the one guy who settles our defence without Sicily.

Back our other mids in to bounce back from a poor showing. Also let’s Moore play more as a connector than having to push right back in defence which stifles our ball movement.

His lack of intensity was noticeable yesterday. Wasn’t our worst by any means but a team balance perspective Day is a better option with Ward slotting into the midfield for mine. DGB or Frost to take the third tall frees up Weddle to be more attacking and currently he offers more than Scrim.

Day, Weddle, Mitchell and Impey rebounding from our back 50 is a solid group.
Fair point. But I’d rather Day in the centre. Recon Scrim can be a good interceptor if he’s freed up. Doesn’t have the composure of Day, but loves to take a mark floating across.

I’d also prefer Ward playing half forward given our terrible entries from that area of the ground yesterday. He can hit them lace out going forward.

Can't have a player in the backline who has no desire to defend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back