Preview Round 18, 2023 : North v Hawthorn, 1:10pm Sunday 16th July, Marvel stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

These guys stink. We should look to make clear separation between us and them with a comfortable win. Losing this would be disappointing

It's a real test for how we've progressed this year.

We won comfortably in round 3 without Lewis. Scoreboard flattered North.

With Sicily back, it would be a really disappointing loss.

Selection will be interesting, not sure we can play all of Bruest, Greene and Wingard.

Meek for Reeves. Sicily for Scrimshaw.

CJ is hopefully good to go also.

The group desperately needs a win about now. Left one on the table yesterday.

Last edited:
It's a real test for how we've progressed this year.

We won comfortably in round 3 without Lewis. Scoreboard flattered North.

With Sicily back, it would be a really disappointing loss.

Selection will be interesting, not sure we can play all of Bruest, Greene and Wingard.

Meek for Reeves. Sicily for Scrimshaw.

CJ is hopefully good to go also.

The group desperately needs a win about now. Left one on the table yesterday.
Agree Sicily in for Scrimshaw. Expect Sicily to dominate against this garbage.

CJ in for Maginness. Finn did his tagging job yesterday but we don't need to play a purely negative tagger against North.

Breust for Greene

The Reeves/Meek situation is tricky. Both had disappointing seasons but we should only play 1 of them as they don't contribute around the ground. I'd stick with Reeves because his tap work is better.

Would understand dropping DGB if playing for the win, but I reckon it's worth giving him another game against rubbish opposition where he might be able to kick a couple confidence boosting goals.

Meek in for Reeves and Sicily for Scrim. Would be good to get Frenchie back in as well (probably for Morrison).

CJ needs to work back to full fitness at BH like Ward did. Give DGB another chance up forward and Finn goes to LDU.

This could be our last chance to get a win this season so hopefully we take it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We put in a big effort vs GWS and this match will be one of the very few this season we go in as favourites. I wouldn’t go as far as danger game but expectations can do funny things to a young side. North are genuinely terrible but generally seem to do well against us (and may be one of their rare chances of a win).

Sicily and Breust back is big ins for us. Day would be a loss as north generally are more competitive in the midfield. I could see Finn stay in to do a job on LDU.

Be interesting to see if continue the DGB experiment. He was cooked at half time - you can’t carry that at afl level. Possibly Ryan comes in. If Day is out gives a good chance for Long or Stephens to get a run. Assume scrim makes way for Sicily.

North will absolutely set themselves for this game for a few reasons . Dont think we will see any strange omissions from them here .

Most think we are comfortable better than them so we just need to prove it again .
They are bad enough not to need to, but I expect they will tank it to lock in pick 2 and position themselves for the Reid trade. No matter how hard they tank they couldn’t lose to West coast so they need to lose this one

We've got a few sore players. Impey, Day, Lewis.

Sicily a lock to come back, Breust a chance. Long and Ryan good games in the VFL. O'Sullivan and Bennetts kicked a couple of goals.

Sicily for Scrim
Meek for Reeves
Bruest to sub.
Go listen to Sam in the post match presser, I doubt Reeves is going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back