Preview Round 20, 2023 : Hawthorn v Saints, Marvel Stadium 1:10pm 30th July

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thought Amon out would have meant Weddle to the wing.

Surprised Scrim was dropped. Thought he played his best game of the year last week. May be more to it. Off field?

Bramble gets his last chance salloon I guess.

Hopefully McKenzie can show some class. Ryan, another roll of the dice.

I think people are forgetting Cooper's first real season without injury was last year and then this year copped a bit with concussion. He's coming along nice, only 22 and showing an ability to play forward at Box Hill.

He's just been seriously unlucky that our midfield has been performing fantastically this year.

Following the Newcombe blueprint to success, straight from the bush leagues to the VFL and then AFL in the same season.

Very different player, psyched to see him use that reach and agility and show us where he's at.

Looks bloody raw, even at his age he's going to have decent upside, already has some tricks it looks like.
Dare I say it there's shades of Jezza Cameron with how he goes about it. If he's half as good we got ourselves a bargain guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might be a bit polarising but I don't think he's as 'super talented' as we all keep suggesting he is.

Once I acknowledged that, it's became a bit more obvious to see why he's a regular omission this year.
He is very good in a couple of areas,
but a liability in a couple of others.

Those who watch our matches with a “whole of game” focus will know what I mean. 😉

For sure. So Wrong he hasn't gotten a go just yet
I See You Good Job GIF by Luvvie Ajayi Jones

This might be a bit polarising but I don't think he's as 'super talented' as we all keep suggesting he is.

Once I acknowledged that, it's became a bit more obvious to see why he's a regular omission this year.
He’s talented with the ball in hand. Not so great at other parts of the game. I think he will be traded

Except it’s Bramble for Amon

We'll see where he plays.

We dropped a forward for a forward. We lost a ruck and brought in a ruck.

We lost Amon (wing) and Scrimshaw (defender) and brought in Mackenzie (mid) and Bramble, who has played predominantly as a HBF. Maybe we shuffle others around.

Sis played the majority of last season as a KPD with Frost and was AA level, with Scrimshaw playing the third tall. Why does Scrim have to become a KPD?

I just find the whole situation strange. Sure we could want more run but we have a lot of that already, I'd rather some more composure with disposals. But guess its not my game plan being implemented.
Because it's more valuable to have Sicily playing the third tall role.

Scrim played last year by the grace of Frost being out for half the season. If Frost was available all year Scrim would have been out of the side when we picked up Blanck.

Bramble for Scrimshaw is a joke
We have tried this experiment a couple of times this year and it didn’t work.

Scrimmers is just a better player than Bramble, I don’t know what the coaching panel thinks the team gains when we make this move.

Jacks been harshly treated this year IMO, I reckon his agent must be putting out feelers.

He's more talented than Bramble though who was essentially taking his spot at the start of the season.

People keep talking about Scrimshaw's lack of defence but his defence is a lot better than Bramble's. Just think we would be a much better side especially this week with Scrimshaw playing instead of Bramble and Weddle pushed to a wing.

Not surprised about Bramble's inclusion. With Amon out he's the closest to a like for like replacement.
Not sure how much weight coaches give prior performance - but Ratts always brought Lonie in just for games against us and iirc, Bramble did some nice things against the saints when we played earlier this year.. with Amon out and fast footy under the dome, I agree. The acid will be on him to perform, so let's see.

I'll watch the Ryan debut with interest, if he gets to demonstrate his strengths like Sam wants our boys to do, he could do some good things for us. He'll need to be used though, cos if the ex-dog goes to Lewis and Wilkie minds Ryan whilst intercepting and pretty much doing as he pleases w/out Ryan contributing, we'll be in a bit of strife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back