Game Day Round 16, 2023 : Hawks v Blues, 1:10pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If they don't get a run on at some time, we'll win.

In matches where sides haven't gotten a hold of us for a quarter we've been in it up to our necks.

On exposed form they should win. But then so should have a couple of other teams we've pantsed this year.

We're due against them, been a couple of years without a win against a team who is historically one of our great 2000s bunnies.

I was pretty optimistic until the changes to the team over the last few days. Brockman, Impey out. Replaced by some fellas our coaches found in the last chance saloon.

I'd really love to see Chad and Harry put in a good showing and be key to our winner, but based on performances to date I just don't see it happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impey and Brocky are big losses for this one. Two of our X factor players. Reckon Day has to play back with Ward, Moore and CMac getting more midfield minutes.

We should dominate the hit outs and hopefully that allows us to at minimum break even through the midfield. That will at least give us a chance.

Their twin towers are a scary prospect even when not in top form. Frosty will need to be best at his best defensively.

I give us a chance today , Carlton's bottom 6 players are very average . The loss of brockman hurts but hopefully the chad takes his potentially last opportunity. I prefer ward, Greene and Morrison over bramble , McKenzie and kosi.

Going today but not confident tbh. Last weeks performance has shaken my faith a little. Our outs hurt us and our forward line doesn’t fill me with hope. If Weitering holds Lewis I’m not sure we have a lot of goals in us from other sources.

It’s going to be a big day for Reeves and Meek. There is really no excuse for them not to dominate today against depleted opposition, playing in cool dry conditions ( touch wood, it is Melbourne after all). Everything is set up for them to bring their best game today so it will be interesting to see what that actually is.

Positives-
Back at the G
Blues off the bye
Blues ruckless
McKays goal kicking
Mitch Lewis

Negatives-
Injuries
No Sis
McKays marking
Charlie Curnow
Weitering on Lewis

FIIK

Going today but not confident tbh. Last weeks performance has shaken my faith a little. Our outs hurt us and our forward line doesn’t fill me with hope. If Weitering holds Lewis I’m not sure we have a lot of goals in us from other sources.

It’s going to be a big day for Reeves and Meek. There is really no excuse for them not to dominate today against depleted opposition, playing in cool dry conditions ( touch wood, it is Melbourne after all). Everything is set up for them to bring their best game today so it will be interesting to see what that actually is.

I agree I cannot see Bruest,Wingard and Greene in the one forward line working there will be no pressure exiting our forward line and adding Morrison adds to less pace around the ground.
I am actually smelling a big loss again hopefully my senses are off centre?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another learning day for our young group …….. who will it be Jekyll or Hyde 😀. Looking forward to seeing our mids to start performing more consistently 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back