Preview Round 16, 2023 : Hawks v Blues, 1:10pm Sunday 2nd July, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I went there with a mate this morning and has observed the same for the first main session (so I thought Rama is a big chance).
Note that Meek and Reeves are also in the first team. Kosi is in the 2nd team (the one wearing bibs).

I have seen Fionn, Lynch, Jeka and Morris separated from the main group.

Impey initially participated in the main group (I think) but later he is separated and running near the sides of the oval.

When around half of the 40ish something players went upstairs, I observed there are 24 players remained (including Sic) and still playing.

Rama and Frenchie are not in that 24.
Impey is not in that 24.
Ward, Greene, Chad, Butler, Bramble and Meek are.

This is just my speculation based on what I have seen and observed today.
And based on that I can derive the 23(including sub, and exclude Sic who's suspended) that I think will play.

Take this with a grain of salt.
Other training watchers can correct me.

I went there with a mate this morning and has observed the same for the first main session (so I thought Rama is a big chance).
Note that Meek and Reeves are also in the first team. Kosi is in the 2nd team (the one wearing bibs).

I have seen Fionn, Lynch, Jeka and Morris separated from the main group.

Impey initially participated in the main group (I think) but later he is separated and running near the sides of the oval.

When around half of the 40ish something players went upstairs, I observed there are 24 players remained (including Sic) and still playing.

Rama and Frenchie are not in that 24.
Impey is not in that 24.
Ward, Greene, Chad, Butler, Bramble and Meek are.

This is just my speculation based on what I have seen and observed today.
And based on that I can derive the 23(including sub, and exclude Sic who's suspended) that I think will play.

Take this with a grain of salt.
Other training watchers can correct me.
so one of those six will be first-choice emergency and one will be sub

Bramble sub, Wingard emergency?

Bramble sub, Wingard emergency?
If Impey is out, then as a sample Ward can replace his place in the 18.
Meek, Butler, Greene and Bramble could be the IC (thus completes the 22) and Chad as sub (you can scramble the players however you want).
I just based on the last set of 23 players + Sic that are in the field.

But then again it is based on my untrained eye.

TDK is out apparently. No rucks. Only SOS and Young v Reeves/ Meek. We should get a huge advantage here.

Assuming Nash goes to Cripps too.
We should be getting silver service out of the middle.

Their mids are the only thing that worry me. They get on top there and we might be in for some trouble.

But we really should pants them in the middle.

Bramble sub, Wingard emergency
Based on Impey leaving the track after seeing the physio and not taking part in the match sim, it appears that he will be out of the squad.

Bramble looks the likely sub as he spent time at the end of training with the midfield group and completing some centre bounces.

With Box Hill playing tomorrow, the Box Hill side completed training 30 minutes before the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expecting Wingard to come into the side over the coming weeks and then be given a run of at least 4 weeks, body permitting, to show why he might be given a contract beyond this year. It will be up to him to show if he can still play at the required level.

yeah I agree with that but I can also see how they will give him that opportunity. I cant see him playing at Box Hill for the remainder of the year. Either way the ball is in his court

Wingard is playing
🤷🏻‍♂️

Over to you Chad

Brocky completed all of training, including the match sim and was part of the squad who continued training after the BH team left the playing field. Must be a late Covid test. Hopefully he will be on the mend in no time
He was in a mask during the Mitchell hall of fame stuff at the club, so might have some lingering lethargy.

McKay has been in shocking form lately. And Curnow not much better. They could turn it on against us.

But only if they get the supply. Win the midfield battle and we should win this comfortabley.
Correct. We need to make the most of the ruck advantage. I'd almost instruct Reeves to smash it as far as he can, every 2nd centre bounce.

In: Chad Wingard, Fergus Greene, Josh Ward
Out: Jacob Koschitzke (omitted), Lachlan Bramble (omitted), Cam Mackenzie (omitted), Tyler Brockman (illness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back