Preview Round 16, 2023 : Hawks v Blues, 1:10pm Sunday 2nd July, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmac28 sub?
Naa, I think Butler remains as the Sub or maybe Chad is the Sub.

As expected Sam brings in his boy Greene after giving a Kosi a decent go to cement his spot. Now it is Greene's spot to loose. Greene is a also a quality BSG artist as evidenced by his 2nd goal last week against the Suns VFL. Lets see if he can add to his 11 goals from 8 games.

I was against ever seeing Wingard line up for us again based on output and form, but since Brocky is out with illness it makes sense from a positional perspective to make that change.

In saying this, I won't at all be annoyed if he performs strongly. In fact, I hope he does, because I'd love to get the W.

Not sure if these changes will have the intended effect.

Mitchell highlighted we wanted to be more competitive when the ball enters the forward-line. But we’ve brought in Greene to be our CHF who is undersized and more an opportunist. We’ve kept the Meek/Reeves combo that has been largely ineffective forward of centre this year leaving Lewis our only marking option again.

Chad hasn’t really brought pressure this year, and in early rounds having the combo of Breust/Chad/Moore led to quick opposition rebounds. Greene was also omitted for his lack of defensive accountability.

Good to see Ward & Butler in for full games. Not confident.

I was against ever seeing Wingard line up for us again based on output and form, but since Brocky is out with illness it makes sense from a positional perspective to make that change.

In saying this, I won't at all be annoyed if he performs strongly. In fact, I hope he does, because I'd love to get the W.
My thoughts exactly. Would love him to wind back the clock and kick a bag.

If Jars misses as speculated Bramble would come in I suspect otherwise he is sub. I think CMAC28 needs a full game at BH.

Get in the bin.
How can you possibly justify his spot in the team? Honestly… he’s effort? Skills? Impact on the game?
Injuries aside he’s been poor a long time now, and I can’t see the benefit of playing him over .. I dunno anyone.. unless we have been watching different players… I just can’t find any positive to his inclusion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you possibly justify his spot in the team? Honestly… he’s effort? Skills? Impact on the game?
Injuries aside he’s been poor a long time now, and I can’t see the benefit of playing him over .. I dunno anyone.. unless we have been watching different players… I just can’t find any positive to his inclusion
We can justify it because Sam can justify it.

Rather than piss, whinge and moan, let's just hope he does well.

Hopefully CMac28 is the sub and all the best to Chad. Would have kept Kosi and left out one of the rucks. Can’t carry 3 talls who hardly touch the ball so one had to go. Need Frosty to stand up and do a job on Curnow assuming Blanck goes to McKay.

I can justify it by knowing that the Club and the match committee have very sound reasons for making the decisions that they do.

Besides, wishing that a player who has done everything in their power to play again, would never get that opportunity again is just a really s**t thing to post.

I can justify it by knowing that the Club and the match committee have very sound reasons for making the decisions that they do.

Besides, wishing that a player who has done everything in their power to play again, would never get that opportunity again is just a really s**t thing to post.
IMHO Brockman is currently sitting around player 15-20 on our list and probably small forward #2.

Chad has dropped to player 30-35 and small forward #4.

Brockman would come back in for Chad next week unless he plays really well.

Doesn’t mean we don’t wish him well, and frankly he is probably on borrowed time, but to whinge about him being selected at all is silly.

Called it earlier in the week that this might be a good time to bring the chad in. If he's fit, he deserves a call up to the senior side to show that he can still produce some good form. Let's see how much he wants it. Good call by the MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back