Game Day Round 22, 2023 : Hawks V Dogs, UTAS 1:10pm Sunday 13th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Many in the footy world have said that last week was our GF and don’t expect a repeat performance.

I reckon the team will be motivated to show them it wasn’t just a flash in the pan. We’ve had the lead at half time the last 2 times we’ve played the Doggies so another 4 quarter performance should get us the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be fascinating to see how we back up last week’s performance. This side always troubles us due to their deep midfield and tall forwards. Need Nash, Newk and Day in particular to use their height to counter Bont, Macrae and Libba.

If we play Lobb back into form I’ll spew up.

Flat about Ryan not playing. Reckon he makes a difference already.

Hoping DGB can hit the scoreboard and gain some confidence.
Yeah, was looking forward to watching Ryan play. Lewis will probably have to play closer to goal now. DGB does though give us some flexibility as he can go back if the Doggies tall forwards are giving us trouble.

We're a different proposition with a properly structured Forwardline.
Lewis to CHF, again.
Kosi to FF.
DGB into 3rd FWD.

This game comes down to Scrimshaw at CHB, for mine. If he can hold the line & we keep our structure, we'll win.

Really rate Dogs list if not their game style - a lot of better than average players to stop.

Nonetheless if we play our game like last week must be in with a show.

Looking for a big game from Worps, Frenchy, Moore and CMac - players that can end the year very strongly.

GO HAWKS!

Kosi lining up at full back on final team sheet.

Newcombe starting on the bench (never understood why this happens. Been a few times this season).

Bailey MacDonald sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back