Autopsy Round 22, 2023 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Angry Scrimshaw is best Scrimshaw.

I'm not sure what's being said behind closed doors but the intensity Scrimmers has brought the last two weeks is exactly what he needed to bring his entire career.
And it's so good to see.
I can't recall Weightman turning out a good performance against us. Hardwick is a nightmare opponent for him.
Hardwick is a nightmare for all small forwards
It's not just the fact that Scrimshaw is back in the team.

He's changed. The switch has flicked.
He's bought in.
While watching the game today I was thinking the same thing. A few others including Wingers might have had similar words, basically do you want to watch this team raise the premiership cup or do you want to raise it with them?

It seemed 15 m to my biased eyes, Breust can kick that any day of the week, and it takes more time of the clock.
Yeah but it wasn't paid and we lost a shot at goal that could have iced the game. Stupidity.

And not a word from the commentators either. Do they know the rules?
I can only surmise that everyone is so used to seeing the opposition dish out the quick handball to a passing player or sneaking up and tackling an unassuming kicker in the field of play that the added factor of the boundary line/goal square doesn't trigger any red flags.

I know Frost ain’t the answer. Blanck is going to be good eventually, but I still think we look a smidgeon short down back. Do we have anyone else in the wings?

I know there’ll probably be choruses of ‘no thanks!’, as there always is, but I reckon we go hard at Ben McKay.

It’s Kelli Underwood who was calling Bailey MacDonald weddle all day after some weeks back calling Worpel Newcombe. Also Huddo who spends most of the time being a poor man’s cometti waiting to insert “memorable” comments like Karl Marx Amon for example. So I doubt it. We need to get relevant again fast to avoid getting lumped with these poor excuses for comentators. Although not sure any of the others are much better.

No, of course they don’t. They are idiots. On the AFL tit. Don’t question anything.
Would love to hear the the official explanation of Sicily’s tackle from behind in the protected area.
Think we will? Course not. It’s a stupid, corrupt organisation running this game. Dare to raise a voice, you will be shut out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win! Really impressed to be able to back it up after last week.

Make no mistake, this game was won on pure workrate. We outran, outhunted, outchased and outspread the Dogs all day.

In a couple of years no team will be able to run with us. We have so many elite runners on the list and this has been a very clear direction under Sam Mitchell. To think that we’re doing this with the least number of pre-seasons under our belt in the entire league is scary. Going to be quite fun to watch in the near future.

IMG_5713.JPG
IMG_5714.JPG

I only managed to see the last quarter as I am en route to warmer climes, but must say that win was impressive. Winnig the close ones and answering a challenge are symptomatic of a maturity that this young team has developed in recent weeks.
Whilst I hate player comparisons, I watched a lot of Barney’s career and Newc plays in a similar fashion. Well done Jai.

What's the bet Purple suggests this should be looked at by match review. I wouldn't put it past the slimeball.

"It's a form of tanking!"

Damn right - Weightman ran into a tank!

What a win. Kept on the edge of my seat until the last minute.
Newc with a career best game all round, Maginness with an unstoppable block.
Can’t wait to see where this team goes in the next few years!

Thought Connor McD was excellent. Seemed to be up back at times?
I'm nearly through the replay now and was coming in to post about Connor - I'm a big fan since he arrived. Interested as to where he lined up, he seemed to be everywhere, was he on a wing for a while? he's so important to the way we play, real breakout year for him next year i reckon

I'm nearly through the replay now and was coming in to post about Connor - I'm a big fan since he arrived. Interested as to where he lined up, he seemed to be everywhere, was he on a wing for a while? he's so important to the way we play, real breakout year for him next year i reckon
He's class he's going to win us games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back