Preview Round 22, 2023 : Hawks V Dogs, UTAS 1:10pm Sunday 13th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Bailey Dale would be a good choice. His kicking is elite and in Tassie conditions that would be a major problem. Bont isn’t a good tag he’s too big, treloar is the other option he is having a great year and hitting the scoreboard regularly.
Ins Amon Frost (want Jeka but we all know it will be frost)
Outs Mitchell mackenzie
Sub butler
Nash to Bont fits.

Finn‘s job: have him shut down either Macrea or Daniel. Whomever is most effective at gaining territory.

Note: until Finn’s disposal improves, he should crunch his opponent and not attack. His disposals should be safe. If and when his disposal improves, he should join the chain of attack.

Finn is the best stopper in the comp. For now that is enough

Finn can't tag the Bont or Libba. They do their best work around the contest and are bigger bodies, the Bont in particular is a unit. Finn doesn't start in the middle either, he would have to come off a flank to pick up either of them.

We'd be better off trying Nash on the Bont again and getting him to use his size to disrupt him and get in his way.

Finn can hopefully take Dale out of the game. He provides run and is a lethal penetrative kick.

Daniel doesn't provide the same level of run, and whilst he's a great kick he usually sticks to 30m darts. IMO Dale has more potential to take out a third or half of the field with a run and laser-like kick.
Spot on.

That's an absolute win, for me. The tag forces a top 5 Centre Bounce player in the league out of the centre? Fantastic!
also doesn't it seem a bit defeatist? Like if they see a tagger going to him, rather than say "OK Bont, do your thing!" they send him packing to the fwd line?

FINN HAS THEM PANICKING ALREADY!!!

Bevo's face when he see Nash lining up on him rather than Finn:

Shocked Baby GIF

Yes for me.
Seems to play better interstate (good nights sleep)
Played well at this venue v NM earlier this year
Games in the seniors will improve his trade value if we go down that route, if not we are getting more games into a young player
don't bring brockman in I'd say. Sam Buttler deserves the spot over brockman

don't bring brockman in I'd say. Sam Buttler deserves the spot over brockman
Not sure why Butler deserves a game over Brockman. He kicked 1 point in his last Box Hill appearance as a small forward, not exactly banging down the door. In comparison DGB kicks 5.2 in his second stint as a forward.

If Brockman was to leave, wouldn’t it be best to pump up his value? Plus demoting him to the reserves after missing a week being managed is a sure fire way to have him wanting to play elsewhere.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will begin to start resting a few of the young kids and filter in some more into the team over the coming weeks

It’s been a long season for young bodies and we don’t want to burn them out.

That would be a relief but listening to Sams presser about their big forwards made me think another tall Defender would come in.

Would love Denver to be given another go in defence this week. Perfect opportunity to see him go up against a couple of strong frwds of the competition. With blanck and Sicily there, he may be a bit more comfortable just concentrating on his job.

HAWKS

B: J.Sicily - C, J.Scrimshaw, J.Blanck
HB: H.Morrison, J.Impey, B.Hardwick
C: J.Weddle, J.Worpel, F.Maginness
HF: C.Wingard, L.Breust, C.Nash
F: D.Moore, M.Lewis, C.Macdonald
FOLL: N.Reeves, J.Newcombe, W.Day

I/C (FROM): N.Long, B.Macdonald, B.Ryan, K.Amon, J.Koschitzke, J.Ward, J.Serong, S.Mitchell

In: J.Serong, N.Long, B.Macdonald, K.Amon
Out: C.Mackenzie (Sub)

HAWKS

B: J.Sicily - C, J.Scrimshaw, J.Blanck

HB: H.Morrison, J.Impey, B.Hardwick

C: J.Weddle, J.Worpel, F.Maginness

HF: C.Wingard, L.Breust, C.Nash

F: D.Moore, M.Lewis, C.Macdonald

FOLL: N.Reeves, J.Newcombe, W.Day

I/C (FROM): N.Long, B.Macdonald, B.Ryan, K.Amon, J.Koschitzke, J.Ward, J.Serong, S.Mitchell

In: J.Serong, N.Long, B.Macdonald, K.Amon

Out: C.Mackenzie (Sub)

Ward and Amon in off the bench.
Brandon? Kozi? Seamus? Serong?
Can't see Long ot BMac getting the nod.

Not sure why Butler deserves a game over Brockman. He kicked 1 point in his last Box Hill appearance as a small forward, not exactly banging down the door. In comparison DGB kicks 5.2 in his second stint as a forward.

If Brockman was to leave, wouldn’t it be best to pump up his value? Plus demoting him to the reserves after missing a week being managed is a sure fire way to have him wanting to play elsewhere.
I’ve personally never understood this ‘pumping up his value’ concept. Can you explain it to me?

Really tough bench to pick from- I've gone in assuming we're going to rest Ward and Mitchell and Kosi gets knocked because I don't think Ryan can be out of the side.
Long could be fighting for a contract for next season and I think Serong will be given a few weeks to see if his development at VFL is applicable to AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back