Autopsy Round 22, 2023 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, on another note, I'm thrilled that the boys backed it up after what many called it a ' sugar hit' or '" their grand final" rather condescendingly last week where the league leaders were actually TRYİNG hard but failed against us.
People forget the 5 goals kicked in a row by Collingwood and then the patch where they went the man.

It’s a stupid, corrupt organisation running this game. Dare to raise a voice, you will be shut out.

The truth.

Hilariously, I was accused on this board of conducting a class war for calling out the arrogance, stupidity, nepotism, greed, self-dealing and reactionary meddling the AFL laughingly call stewardship. Oh, and reminding people that most of these muppets have their jobs because they're all mates from Old Xaverians Football Club.

An incompetent kakistocracy. The umpiring today epitomises the shambles these overpaid blowhards are turning the game into.

AC and North are very interested in Frost.
Early second round or I’m not budging.
Secret Agent Power GIF by CBC

Absolutely should have been 50 based on that diagram, clearly entered the square while Sic was still inside.

What is with the umps this weekend? Flagrant boundary line errors in today's game as well as the cats game.
I know I will get shot down for this but i believe that the umpires do a very good job for the most part but this round was full of odd umpiring decisions to say the least.

The Sicily holding the ball should’ve at least seen him taking a re-kick and I can’t believe we didn’t retain the ball after the Libba injury, Worps had the ball when they decided to stop play.

I know I will get shot down for this but i believe that the umpires do a very good job for the most part but this round was full of odd umpiring decisions to say the least.

The Sicily holding the ball should’ve at least seen him taking a re-kick and I can’t believe we didn’t retain the ball after the Libba injury, Worps had the ball when they decided to stop play.
Yep you could see Worps question why we didn't get the ball after play stopped. It was staggering.

Yeah he was good.
Wardy worries me a little though. Guess they can’t all be jets straight out of the gate. He’ll get there.
He's funny Ward at the ground when you can see the whole field you can see what he is doing and it is good. When it is magnified on TV often he looks like he is under real pressure and making panic decisions.

He's coming along nicely for mine. Wish he would finish his bursts into F50 with goals though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they’re confused like everybody else is with the constant tinkering and afl sanctioned reinterpretation.

Oh, on another note, I'm thrilled that the boys backed it up after what many called it a ' sugar hit' or '" their grand final" rather condescendingly last week where the league leaders were actually TRYİNG hard but failed against us.

Just finished watching the game and told commentary to get ****ed very early in the second after they implied much the same

I yelled “we are 20pts down not 20 goals”

It’s Kelli Underwood who was calling Bailey MacDonald weddle all day after some weeks back calling Worpel Newcombe. Also Huddo who spends most of the time being a poor man’s cometti waiting to insert “memorable” comments like Karl Marx Amon for example. So I doubt it. We need to get relevant again fast to avoid getting lumped with these poor excuses for comentators. Although not sure any of the others are much better.

I have a very special disdain for huddo. Cometti never sounded like schoolboy wetting himself. Just a try hard

I still remember round 3 against Sydney.
sam has evolving in the hardest challenge- following a legend.
he is the man for it. I hope he wins a premiership.
I know it’s very early days but we think Sam is our greatest asset. We don’t have a team full of top three picks - quite the opposite- and we are the youngest and least experienced team out there, but the leadership we see from Day, Newc, Moore, Lewis etc and the combativeness of lesser lights like Blanc and Nash and Mitchell mean we are greater than the sum of our parts already. All the pundits say he’s brilliant and I am starting to believe he just might be.

I'm still expecting Hawthorn to be charged over the Newcombe robbery.

40 disposals, 4 clearances, Goal, 2 Goal Assists, 10 score involvements in his 50th game
I’m still reading through the comments, and this may have already been said, but this is the best commentary exchange of the year

Question: How do you stop Newcomb? The answer “put Finn Magginness on him.” 🤣

That was commentary GOLD!

I‘ll find the commentators… and edit this post.

Edit: other posters think it was either Ben Dixon with the witty reply or Gerard Whateley.

Last edited:
Yep you could see Worps question why we didn't get the ball after play stopped. It was staggering.
Umps made a mistake there as with the sicily kick out non 50m penalty.

The law on bringing stretchers on says that if a player is in possesion when play is stopped that they get a free when play resumes. The rule on throwing it up explicitly mentions its not done if a player is in possession near an injured player.
1691940404701.png

Last edited:
I know it’s very early days but we think Sam is our greatest asset. We don’t have a team full of top three picks - quite the opposite- and we are the youngest and least experienced team out there, but the leadership we see from Day, Newc, Moore, Lewis etc and the combativeness of lesser lights like Blanc and Nash and Mitchell mean we are greater than the sum of our parts already. All the pundits say he’s brilliant and I am starting to believe he just might be.
Just for fun let’s look at the group you highlighted in terms of their draft position.
Day= pick 13 (Apparently Port were dirty we got him and rightly so… but they did OK (not as good) with Bergman.
Neuc = Mid season draft. If he is not already, he will become the best MSD ever.
Moore = pick 67. Delisted and relisted by the Hawks. Now a genuine quality player.
Lewis = the last pick in the 2016 draft at 76. …. You said etc and I choose Sic as the etc.
Sicily = pick 53 in the 2013 draft.
Nash = a Cat B rookie on his way out the door until Sam put him into the midfield in the VFL. Now a quality mid.
Blank = a MSD
Mitchell = pick 29. Delisted but coming good.

and there are many more in our team. Breust being one.

The Hawks have a team of triumphs of effort, character and improvement over pure initial talent (=high draft picks in the national draft).

The Hawks are building a team under Mitchell that every other club should be astonished by and every future free agent should be scared by (how can they be so good) and want to be a part of.

While other rebuilding teams are languishing at the bottom with losses that no club supporter could easily stomach, the Hawks are the Youngest team in the comp beating teams in the top 8 for fun.

I came into this year thinking 5 wins was a pass. We have 7 wins, 4 against the best.

Whatever happens from today, Every free agent is now thinking the Hawks are THE destination club.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back