Preview Round 23, 2023 : Demons v Hawks, 3:20pm Sun 20th Aug MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With such an inexperienced forward-line we likely won't have enough firepower to topple Melbourne.

However, I'm looking forward to our midfield group going head to head with theirs. It should be a great indication of how far we've come this year.
Could be a nil all draw as Melbourne's forwardine is hardly scary

You’d think CMac is a certainty, Ryan a near certainty to persist with Kosi as second ruck.

Probably Brocky with Chad going out.

Would love to see Serong get a game.

I agree, we need Lewis fit and available round 1 next year.

We can't afford a repeat of this year's slow start.

I know a wins a win but really winning big games against top 4 sides when your season is already over always feels like a hollow victory somewhat.

Would have much rather wins against mediocre teams like Essendon earlier in the year to keep us in the finals race than wins against Collingwood once our season is already done and dusted.
Round one smash the Dons so i can walk on air the first week of '24. Please.

Not one of Raydon Tallis’ finest moments you mean

Never trash talk a guy who is a legend of the club you are playing at because he is at the end of his career, in a silly practice match

I loved Tallis, but he got what he deserved imho
Derm said it wasn’t rayden who was Trash talking necessarily…a group of obscure hawks ..rayden was in vicinity next contest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think that he made contact with his face. The player got up and showed no signs of any contact. It just shows you that the camera can lie.
“The player” is Rayden Tallis.

He played 163 games for Hawthorn.

Dermott tackled him into the ground (would’ve got 3 weeks for that now) put his hand on his shoulder getting up and then stepped on his head.

The 7 weeks suspension Dermott got for that would be 12 in the modern game, and rightly so.

Some strange inclusions
Ramsden over Meek???
Brockman, aren’t his papers stamped???
Yes, surprised about Brockman. According to the Box Hill AFL players reports the message was he'd checked out if not spelled out. No doubt he's a talent but effort is critical, and it sends the wrong message to others regarding selection. Ramsden also had a very average game at Box Hill and is still some way off.

Let's be honest, if Dee's are serious about contending then they take care of us on Sunday.
Without Lewis , our Frwd line can fall to pieces. He's extremely important.
Absolutely but I’m kind of looking forward to seeing how the other talls go in his absence. It’s not going to matter that much if we lose, given we can’t change ladder positions, as long as we don’t get belted. But with no Lewis it’s a bit of a like for like comparison to the start of the season and it might be a good indicator of our improvement if we can be competitive without him. And imagine the joy here if DGB and Ryan stand up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back