Autopsy Round 9, 2023 : Hawks burnt by Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Basic skill errors and disposal horrible early.

Came to play in the third which was desperately needed.

Mitchell, Day, Meek and Newk can all hold their head high.

Go at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good seeing Frenchy and Weddle's first goals in succession.

In a game I’d rather erase from my memory - this 5 minute period is something I hope I can look back on in 15 years and say s**t I saw them both kick their first goals back to back

Continued where we left off from last week. No real desire, whether through tired legs or lack of motivation, basic skill errors and poor decision making.

But the third quarter showed signs.
Apparently more than one good quarter is needed these days.

Umpiring continues to be an appallingly low standard. Inconsistent at best. Embarrassingly incompetent at worst. So often wrong you wonder what game they’re watching and whether she, I mean they, know the rules at all.

Effort was there all day. Demons early pressure rattled us and we didn't know how to move the ball at all. Just kept giving the ball back.

Did well to not get blown away with goals against but had no ability to score ourselves.

Whether they dropped the intensity or we just started using the ball better (both maybe) we can be pleased how we at least fought it out and let's be honest, we lost by a fair bit less than what most would have expected.

They scored 103 - that's ok for the inside 50s they were getting. We kicked 7 -> 5 in one quarter. 1 or less in every other quarter. That's the story.

Congrats to Weddle and Mackenzie on their first goals.
Third quarter was great the other 3 pretty easily forgettable.
Need more games into Butler and Blanck (depending on his injury).
Thought Bramble was good coming on today.
Meek was great in the ruck.
Wee Baby Seamus goes alright, has a great future.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back