Autopsy Round 20, 2023 : Hawks stunned by Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost the game in the first quarter.

Decent fight back, but fell away again once the momentum was lost.

Congrats Will Day on game 50.

Go at it.

We aren't going to win games playing two good quarters and two atrocious quarters.

Fifty more games of collective experience and we are going to bring it to a level where we can play three good quarters. Hundred games of collective experience and we will be playing four quarter footy.

Too many passengers. Impey with his worst game of the season. Bramble is a VFL player. Frenchy had a mate and I wouldn't mind him spending the rest of the season working as the main man at BHH because he's a liability in the clinches at the moment.

Disappointing bookends to the game but what we’re seeing is textbook from young sides, particularly young midfields; inconsistency. As we pile on the games, we’ll continue to improve.

Was really surprised a lot of our supporters thought we’d smash them today but they’re sitting top 6 for a reason. Despite a few outs the Saints just had to win today, I never really thought they’d let the opportunity slip.

Hoping the discussion between Sammy and Bramble/Frost, after this game, goes a little something like this:

Genuinely though, please just keep those two at Box Hill. My brain cannot take it anymore. I can stomach Bazball, but Frostball is not safe for family viewing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We play a very aggressive game style and when we have such poor ball use it easily falls apart.

A few questionable coaching moves this round. Dropping Scrimmers, bringing in Bramble, subbing Mitchell.

Ryan looks like he has a future and Day is gonna keep getting better for us.

Disappointing to firstly not stem their 1st quarter onslaught, then get back into the game and fall away again.

First look at Ryan for me and pretty happy with how he went.

We need to get players in the team who can play both ways not one way, The ball gets out of our forward line way too easily, only forward to me who was any good defensively was Wingard

I dread when we kick a point, you can guarantee the opposition are going to get an inside fifty

A really poor defensive effort from our midfielders. Simply didn’t work hard enough and left our defenders vulnerable. Their fast, unpressured ball movement meant we couldn’t get our run and gun going from half-back. They all shut down our most important player.

Our small forwards were potent offensively but kept letting their opponents run off them. NWM didn’t seem to have an opponent on him despite lining up against Brockman & Mackenzie.

A few perplexing coaching decisions too. Subbing Mitchell. Dropping the Sinclair tag but not tagging NWM. Letting Sicily get hard tagged for an entire half before moving him higher up.

Despite good patches I felt we really lowered our colours today against ordinary opposition. Loved the look of Ryan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back