Autopsy Round 20, 2023 : Hawks stunned by Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Blanck is fast becoming a quality FB. Rarely loses a 1 on 1, will only improve. Think we’ve got one for the next 10 years.
Agree the guys played what 20-30 games, will improve only improve. Big CHB we need, bring in Jeka or Serong and have Sicily play on a lesser light and roam free thru the backline.

I didn't put any words in your mouth. You said Wingard wasn't part of our future so we should trade him. Breust only has a year or two left, thus won't be part of our future either. Should we trade him now too?

Gunston left, doesn't matter how, no-one stepped up.

You keep claiming Wingard has only played 2 good games. You've ignored The Spirit of Cricket's post about how good he had been the last 5-6 weeks, the patches he played well in previous years and the 3rd placing in the PCM one year.

Our midfield wasn't working with Mitchell and O'Meara. They also weren't replaced by blokes yet to break into the side like Wingard would be. They are not the same.

Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one and yours is massive.Good luck with that !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who from the players picked after him would you pick?

Probably Ginbey then daylight

Frenchy came into the AFL with the least likely frame out of the top 10 so will take some more time. His kicking and decision making is elite, just needs the body to go along with it now
Exactly. You can improve your body, but you can’t improve talent. And he has that in spades

Sammy was fuming at quarter time, I don’t think we’ve seen that from him before.

Has this happened at all before and I’ve just missed it?

Sammy was fuming at quarter time, I don’t think we’ve seen that from him before.

Has this happened at all before and I’ve just missed it?
Has happened before, just not caught by the cameras.

Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one and yours is massive.Good luck with that !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we are shutting down opinions and arseholes…
See Ya Reaction GIF by Travis

We kicked 8 of 11 goals up to 3qtr time, were 2 goals down at this stage, Saints then kicked 5 unanswered goals in the last.

What game were you watching?
the game where we conceded 9.1 55 to an out of form team in the 1st qtr, showing zero intent to basic competing and defence and looked like an under 14 team with the manner in which goals where conceded

a regular occurrence this year in quarters or halves this year at least 8 times

then we got ourselves in the game and did the same thing first 10 mins of last qtr and conceded another 5

the game where we conceded 9.1 55 to an out of form team in the 1st qtr, showing zero intent to basic competing and defence and looked like an under 14 team with the manner in which goals where conceded

a regular occurrence this year in quarters or halves this year at least 8 times

then we got ourselves in the game and did the same thing first 10 mins of last qtr and conceded another 5
Do you know what momentum is?

If you were paying attention at the game you would have noticed that Finn maybe spent a quarter and half on Sinclair
Absolutely. When Finn was tagging him he hardly touched the ball. But then Sam took him out of tagging for what ever reason and Sinclair had a field day there after. It's not Finn's fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think Scrim will be traded?
I think his future will depend on what we see from Serong, Jeka and DGB over the next few weeks.

I remember one game from Harry Morrison in the last round of 2017 effectively ended Billy Hartung's career.

Absolutely. When Finn was tagging him he hardly touched the ball. But then Sam took him out of tagging for what ever reason and Sinclair had a field day there after. It's not Finn's fault.

Finn spent time on Wood, NWM and Crouch. I would have liked him to keep locking down Sinclair but the magnets had to be thrown around after that diabolic first quarter.

Finn spent time on Wood, NWM and Crouch. I would have liked him to keep locking down Sinclair but the magnets had to be thrown around after that diabolic first quarter.

Did Finn actually spend time on NWM? If so that's probably his first fail this season. I know he kept Sinclair to 4 touches in Q1 then spent a large amount of time on Wood.

Both teams were happy to move him on. GWS did as soon as they started improving. He has played essentially his entire career in bottom eight sides.

18 - GWS
18 - GWS
16 - GWS
13 - Melb
11 - Melb
9 - Melb
5 - Melb
17 - Melb
15 - Hawks
14 - Hawks
13 - Hawks
16 - Hawks
A reminder we've been terrible for a while now. I'm getting bored of it - ready for finals again 🙏😂.

Spot on. There are too many bad decision makers in the back line, also the foot skills on a few of them are woeful. Should never have Frost, Bramble and Impey in the same back half. That is half our backline who have multiple brain fades.
This. We need our best ball users off halfback.

I find it interesting how fixated people get on selection . This game seems to be a big one for it.

Its a development year . We need to find out who plays going forward and who doesn't.
What dynamic and set ups work and what doesn't .

You only get that by changing the mix up and giving guys a go.

After getting over the waking up at 5am to watch that first quarter, the main problem is our game plan. We had more talent on the park but they knew what they were doing, were meant to be etc. that’s not a huge critique we are early into the rebuild, but we need from the end of the season to lock down on a balanced game plan and a best 22 and practice it. Our best and worst gap is because we have focused on how to attack, I am looking forward to developing our defence next year. We could also use 2 X factor talents in the midfield and forward half.

Was gutted after that performance yesterday. Not sure if our young cohort have run out of legs for the year but they were completely ineffectual.

We consistently made life hard for ourselves with poor decision making. I love the attacking brand we play but I hope it eventually clicks that you don't necessarily need to knock the ball into space at all costs. Especially when the opposition are lurking, sometimes a stoppage or even wrapping the ball up and giving away HTB so our defence can reset is ok.

His win percentage would be up there with the worst of the last 20 years.

As soon as GWS and Melbourne showed a small sign of improvement he was shipped off.
So how do you explain Frost:

1. playing in their entire finals series in 2018 - including their PF loss to WC (which saw them finish 4th)

2. then getting traded………a year later after they finished 17th in 2019?

That’s the complete opposite of what you claimed.

They went backwards picked up Steven May as an FA and then he got traded.

You find me another Steven May to play KPD in our side and I’ll agree with you Frost might be dispensable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back