Fixture 2024 Official Fixture Whinge

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn’t give a fk who we play.

The worst thing would be to get double ups against the entire bottom 5. Just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Just a bit flat about gather round (just suss the week prior fixture to see why) and the 0 prime time, surely in 46 rounds of footy you could find us at least 1 prime time fixture lol. Got some better Saturday time slots though.

TV ratings aren't dictated by membership figures and Channel 7 will be making the call as to who plays in prime time FTA slots. There'd be a good raft of casual Carlton supporters who'd likely tune in on 7 but not be shelling out for a membership or going to the games.

so how do you explain North Melbourne having prime time games ....they ll have a greater audience than us will they ?

your searching for excuses and justifications when there are none ....we as a club need a fair share of Thursday \/friday night games 3/4 per year going forward considering we have had zero for years

commercially damaging again - attracting new fans and sponsors (including retaining) fundamentally at a disadvantage. Inconsistency in terms of bottom four opponents that was so prominent when we were top 4. The club stays silent. Why?

Take a stand for once, Hawthorn Board.

The approach of staying quiet is not working in anyone’s favour.

commercially damaging again - attracting new fans and sponsors (including retaining) fundamentally at a disadvantage. Inconsistency in terms of bottom four opponents that was so prominent when we were top 4. The club stays silent. Why?

So let’s be Kennett and continue to suffer?? I mean, really suffer.

i refuse to go full conspiracy nuffy, but what am i meant to say when the AFL clearly hate hawthorn - there's no arguing against the fixture and the day and sicily suspensions.

i don't often miss jeff, but days like this i do - he'd be in the afl's ear while gowers will roll over.

Makes no sense. You rightly say we always get shafted…then say Jeff would make a difference. Clearly he never did either

so how do you explain North Melbourne having prime time games ....they ll have a greater audience than us will they ?

your searching for excuses and justifications when there are none ....we as a club need a fair share of Thursday \/friday night games 3/4 per year going forward considering we have had zero for years
They don't. They have the Good Friday game and then a 5.10 Friday game in Gather Round that no one will be watching

I really can't believe the misery.

I can - it’s what this board does best.

Play the kids!! NO, NOT THOSE KIDS!!!

Sign this player! NO, YOU PAID TOO MUCH!!!

Draft an elite midfielder! NO, NOT THAT ELITE MIDFIELDER!!!

Hawthorn is a tough club, we do it the hard way. NO, WHY ISN’T OUR DRAW THE EASIEST ONE EVER!!!

Every god damn thing the club does or has done to us the toys go out of the cot with zero ability to see any bright side for some, often with a side dish of childish conspiracy theory to boot.

How is playing 5 Melbourne based sides in our 7 home games and the two interstate sides we generally draw bigger crowds to for the other 2 with 3 replacement games likely to be against 3 big Melbourne clubs also commercially damaging?

Also, the board could throw all the tantrums publicly it wanted, when we haven’t finished higher than 13th across 4 seasons we aren’t going to be gifted Thursday or Friday night games because Channel 7 won’t be rushing to put us on. Just like how West Coast and the Shinbeggars are getting zero Thursday or Friday night games.

We have zero issues with sponsor retention also. Nissan continued its arrangement in 2022. KFC jumped on board in 2021 despite our worries then. Skechers is a growing footwear brand and chose to partner with us. Adidas exited the sport entirely so it had nothing to do with our commerciality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What prime time games do the Shinbeggars have? They play the Good Friday game at 4 in the afternoon and their Friday Gather Round game will be on at 5 in the afternoon on Fox Footy. How are either of those prime time? I’m fairly certain the Good Friday game gets shunted to 7Mate so it doesn’t interrupt the telethon also (edit - I was wrong about 7Mate - unlike some I can admit when I’m wrong).

West Coast get no Thursday or Friday night games. Norf get no Thursday or Friday night games. Finishing in the bottom 6 for 4 straight seasons is absolutely ample reason for Channel 7 to not want to feature us on Thursday/Friday games - and the broadcaster would absolutely have influenced this decision.

Last edited:
In terms of timeslots etc, we got the draw of a bottom four club. Which makes sense.

Two major factors over the next few years will get us a better draw: moving up the ladder and exiting Tassie. I'm looking forward to both.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Geelong play us twice, both play north and Adelaide twice. Geelongs other doubles are WB syd carlton. Total 37 wins in 2023
Geelong v those teams in 2023? 2W 1D 2L
Hawthorn other doubles are Collingwood gws Essendon 42 wins in 2023
Hawthorn v those teams in 2023 1W 3L one loss by 2pts

Yet one is supposedly an easy draw the other hard, it’s not that different. A real thorough journalist would call that out, eh KANE-O?

Last edited:
Go back 15 years …count Geelong and Carlton Friday and Thursday night games and count hawthorn s

Then count the flags

Ned can do this since you think he’s making sense
2007 we had one Friday night game.
There were no Thursday night games.
If according to the AFL we are so bad that we don't warrant night games then I assume next year we will qualify for draft assistance.
We have always been fed peanuts

Double ups against two preliminary finalists one of which gets a 10 day break when we get a 6 day break just reeks.

They hate us, just accept it and move on. It makes beating the teams the AFL love all the more sweet.

Double ups against two preliminary finalists one of which gets a 10 day break when we get a 6 day break just reeks.

They hate us, just accept it and move on. It makes beating the teams the AFL love all the more sweet.

We beat one and lost by 2 to the other at a neutral venue. If these 4 games become losses we are defying our own history. It’s not happening

In the last couple of years our weakness seems to be v middle 6 teams. That’s our challenge to improve. Essendon geelong adelaide

Last 5 years W-L Coll 4-2 GWS 3-4 Adel 4-3 Geel 4-4 ess 3-5 nm 6-3 One more win in years we were -19 overall

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back