Fixture 2024 Official Fixture Whinge

Remove this Banner Ad

As a long time Hawthorn supporter I'm used to us getting the arse end of the fixture, gameday umpiring, tribunal decisions, All Australian selections, biased reporting from media the list goes on ...

It's a given if you choose to follow this almighty team. It's like we're being handicapped for being too good.

You just beat who's in front of you on any given time, venue or day. Get enough wins, we play finals. Simples

Yes. Maybe 25k is a bit small. But just about every club currently has this problem. Playing at Marvel creates that problem. The MCG not big enough for Collingwood and Richmond members.

Edit. I don’t mean to lose the MCG, I mean to play interstate game or Norf
So we punish members by not having guaranteed access to a home game. And to a stadium that isn't central to everyone. Without the sponsorship dollars. 🤦‍♂️

Fans whose clubs have Thursday games aren’t happy either

Personally I’m happy with just Easter Monday ‘fix’ture’ I don’t want the suggested round one v Essendon every year

Sorry, but I don't get it.
We beat Saints in 2023. Port + Suns in 2022, from memory.
And we have been at least on par with GWS.

Wow WCE copes a tough draw for finishing last!
That's because this is champion data and by their metric WC would be off the charts easy. And they don't get to play them...

Am in the UK - time slots mean everything. Any twilight/evening games mean I can wake up at a respectable hour and still watch the game. The early afternoon games are at 3-4am start which means I miss them.
Can't wait for more evening games in the future to save my sleep pattern
Being on the west coast in the US means the afternoon matches ARE prime time here. With the app, I can watch the games whenever/wherever but live with friends and cold ones is always best. Having said that, I believe they should do what's best for the locals as they do the heavy lifting for revenue.

Is our good friend going to make the claim that a lack of club protest against such an unacceptable fixture for the 16th placed team is “a form of tanking?”
Recurring Here We Go GIF

I know we tend to hang s**t on all of them, but Ralph is up with Barrett as an empty suit.

No insight, sophistication or nuance has ever graced an internal thought before it has ever escaped his mouth. A dullard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back