Fixture 2024 Official Fixture Whinge

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong in Geelong.. eww
Geelong in Geelong, 3 trips to SA (I love that but not good for Hawthorn), 1 night game in the first 15 rounds, and basically all Sundays, trips to QLD/ACT/WA/SA, home game against Brisbane at Marvel, only get 1 bottom 5 side twice. Who the hell did we p**s off?

Geelong in Geelong, 3 trips to SA (I love that but not good for Hawthorn), 1 night game in the first 15 rounds, and basically all Sundays, trips to QLD/ACT/WA/SA, home game against Brisbane at Marvel, only get 1 bottom 5 side twice. Who the hell did we p**s off?
It is indeed a shocker again.

Not really sure how this works - doesn’t our low ladder position last season mean we’re meant to play low finishing clubs twice??
We’ve got Geelong, giants, Collingwood, Adelaide, Tiges, Norf twice

Not really sure how this works - doesn’t our low ladder position mean we’re meant to play low finishing clubs twice??
We’ve got Geelong, giants, Collingwood, Adelaide twice
I thought you were supposed to get 2 from the band that you finished in.

Looks like we got:
Top 6 - Pies
Middle 6 - Giants, Cats, Crows
Bottom 6 - North (Edit - and Tigers)

Not withstanding Giants made a prelim. So a bit stiff there.

Last edited:
Brutal draw

Reigning premiers twice
The team they beat by 1 point in a prelim twice
Geelong and Richmond with a bunch of flags in the last few years
The fast improving Adelaide
and the Shinbeggers and their handouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you were supposed to get 2 from the band that you finished in.

Looks like we got:
Top 6 - Pies
Middle 6 - Giants, Cats, Crows
Bottoms 6 - North

Not withstanding Giants made a prelim. So a bit stiff there.
They’ve included giants in the middle band even though they were a point away from a grand final. Geelong coming off a premiership hangover and Adelaide who should’ve played finals if it wasn’t for a goal umpiring blunder…

Had another look - Richmond the other one in the bottom 6- very stiff…

I guess we’ll be put to the test - we’ll find out just how much this young side has grown…

Not sure you can say we have basically all Sundays - we actually have more Sat games in the rounds that have been released so far.

Fri- Nil
Saturday - Bombers (A), Dees (H), Suns (A), Saints (H - TAS), Crows (H), Giants (H - TAS), Tigers (A)
Sunday - Pies (A - SA), North (A), Swans (H), Dogs (A), Port (A), Lions (H - Marvel),
Monday - Cats (H)

The Cats game every year means we follow up with a few Sunday games, otherwise we would be coming off 5 day break, plus its gather round week after in SA.

Not sure you can say we have basically all Sundays - we actually have more Sat games in the rounds that have been released so far.

Fri- Nil
Saturday - Bombers, Dees, Suns, Saints, Crows, Giants, Tigers
Sunday - Pies, North, Swans, Dogs, Port, Lions,
Monday - Cats

The Cats game every year means we follow up with a few Sunday games, otherwise we would be coming off 5 day break, plus its gather round week after in SA.
Yeah true that - guess we gotta consider those ones :p My young fella plays footy on Sundays so as long as they don't clash I dont mind. Was never a fan of Thursday night games at Adelaide Oval anyway

Yeah true that - guess we gotta consider those ones :p My young fella plays footy on Sundays so as long as they don't clash I dont mind. Was never a fan of Thursday night games at Adelaide Oval anyway
Yeah I get that for those with kids sports on Sunday it would be impossible to get to a game.

I personally prefer Sunday games as I play footy Saturday and very difficult to get to game unless its Sat night. Would obviously prefer Friday or Thursday night but we aren't there yet in terms of drawcard. Maybe the following season

Only one home game at Marvel and not against a Melbourne side. Only one Sunday game so far at the MCG. High drawing ($$) games against Melbourne, Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood and Richmond at the MCG. It's really not that bad. Annoying that the return game against Geelong isn't at the G.

But of a dud fixture in terms of home games. But I don't mind a tough fixture. Battling the contenders now is good for development.
Look at Carlton and essendon - years of easy fixtures so any rise up the ladder they get found out

Melbourne, Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood and Richmond all at the G is dud? Likely replacement games versus Carlton, Richmond and the Druggers. Possibly the best home/MCG fixture we have had for a long while.

All those complaining about Geelong twice, we’ll pass them at a rate of knots this year. Probably the slowest midfield in living memory and are rolling out washed blokes like Hawkins, Touhy and Stanley again.

They won't be complaining if we give them a beat down at the Cattery. Be absolute gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back