Fixture 2024 Official Fixture Whinge

Remove this Banner Ad

Go back 15 years …count Geelong and Carlton Friday and Thursday night games and count hawthorn s

Then count the flags

Ned can do this since you think he’s making sense

Yeah sure, I bill at $550 an hour. Paid in advance.

Still waiting to hear back from you about how the Shinbeggars playing in the middle of the afternoon on Fridays, one of them on Fox, in time slots nobody will watch is them getting prime time games also.

Last edited:

How is playing 5 Melbourne based sides in our 7 home games and the two interstate sides we generally draw bigger crowds to for the other 2 with 3 replacement games likely to be against 3 big Melbourne clubs also commercially damaging?

Also, the board could throw all the tantrums publicly it wanted, when we haven’t finished higher than 13th across 4 seasons we aren’t going to be gifted Thursday or Friday night games because Channel 7 won’t be rushing to put us on. Just like how West Coast and the Shinbeggars are getting zero Thursday or Friday night games.

We have zero issues with sponsor retention also. Nissan continued its arrangement in 2022. KFC jumped on board in 2021 despite our worries then. Skechers is a growing footwear brand and chose to partner with us. Adidas exited the sport entirely so it had nothing to do with our commerciality.
We don't get 5% of At KFC like we did in the old days...
Conspiracy right there.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s a tough draw for a club that finished 16th. Seen it rated as 5th and 8th hardest draw by various media.

Will be a challenge for a young group (possibly a good thing) but also a risk we struggle and finish bottom 4 (not great if have traded our future picks).

So up until the rolling fixture it will be over 2 seasons since our last prime time game. Even North Melbourne has had more!

They didn’t have a single Thursday or Friday night game in 2022 or 2023.

It’s a tough draw for sure, but that’s fine, will show us were we are at which is a good thing. The lack of prime time is up to us, have a decent start and we should be rewarded in the floating rounds hopefully.

Well,
Go back 15 years …count Geelong and Carlton Friday and Thursday night games and count hawthorn s

Then count the flags

Ned can do this since you think he’s making sense
Well, this makes no sense, but you keep throwing your toys.

People seem to overlook that the back end of the fixture is in our hands. Win some game early or even in the middle and we could very well be playing Richmond, Collingwood and Carlton at the MCG on a Friday night.

I’m glad our players don’t wave the white flag as quickly as some of our supporters do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People seem to overlook that the back end of the fixture is in our hands. Win some game early or even in the middle and we could very well be playing Richmond, Collingwood and Carlton at the MCG on a Friday night.

I’m glad our players don’t wave the white flag as quickly as some of our supporters do.
We are not in this to make finals. We are in it to win premierships. We do not need illusions of being better than we actually are. Playing the best will give us a more accurate indication and will ramp up our youngsters in terms of their experience and ability.

They didn’t have a single Thursday or Friday night game in 2022 or 2023.
In 22 & 23 NM had 4 friday games.

In each of those years they had stand alone twilight Good Friday games the had specifically lobbied for.

If you think we get treated equitably compared to other Victorian clubs, so be it.

Just swap Collingwood Carlton Essendon Richmond or Geelong into our fixtures and you wouldn't hear the end of it

Not having to play Thursday/Friday games coming off the back of playing Saturday/Sunday games is an overlooked advantage also. We will have a younger side than most now we will also be more rested over the first 2/3s of the season. Might assist us in games against more fancied opponents if we are coming in fitter.

I haven’t looked into the “days break” between each ring yet, but I read we have no 5 day breaks which is nice.

Anyone know how many 6 day breaks?

2007 we had one Friday night game.
There were no Thursday night games.
If according to the AFL we are so bad that we don't warrant night games then I assume next year we will qualify for draft assistance.
We have always been fed peanuts
I'd rather we continue to be self-sustaining and fed peanuts than be forced into servility by becoming reliant on the AFL's manipulative teat.

In 22 & 23 NM had 4 friday games.

In each of those years they had stand alone twilight Good Friday games the had specifically lobbied for.

If you think we get treated equitably compared to other Victorian clubs, so be it.

Just swap Collingwood Carlton Essendon Richmond or Geelong into our fixtures and you wouldn't hear the end of it

They had 3 Friday games. 1 of them was a Friday night game that was against Freo on Fox Footy at close to 9pm. The other 2 were Good Friday games which don't rate well and are on in the middle of the afternoon. In both seasons they got zero 'prime time' games.

We are not in this to make finals. We are in it to win premierships. We do not need illusions of being better than we actually are. Playing the best will give us a more accurate indication and will ramp up our youngsters in terms of their experience and ability.
Playing a tough fixture is a form of tanking.

I haven’t looked into the “days break” between each ring yet, but I read we have no 5 day breaks which is nice.

Anyone know how many 6 day breaks?

Four. Six 7 day breaks, two 8 day breaks and a 9 day break into Easter Monday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back