2023 AFL Fixture is in

Remove this Banner Ad

Suspended my membership a few months ago pending outcome of FN inquiry and AGM. No incentive to renew provided by this fixture. My drift away from AFL continues. Local footy an increasingly viable alternative.

Looks like I'll have to live off the replays of the 10 Hawks GF wins I've been privileged to witness personally.
Surely those memories are worth a couple of hundred bucks?

Surely those memories are worth a couple of hundred bucks?
Been a member since 1974 and signed up my family as they came along.

Have been drifting from AFL for several years. Used to watch nearly every game but now just the Hawks and even some of those games have been challenging to get through. Turned off the telly at quarter time for a few.

I'm a big fan of Sam Mitchell having watched his career from Box Hill days. One of my boys modelled his game on Sam's but he, too, has lost interest in AFL. Hoping Sam's brand of footy rekindles my interest. Used to love going to games with my family.

Unless you’re Essendon who had a very poor performing year, finished below us and still get gifted 7 prime time highly commercial slots over our 0.
Yeah but they just got Brad Scott from AFL house in as coach.
And don't forget each year they're going to be the 'big improver' also.

And that said, I quite enjoy watching Carlton and Essendon choke their way through matches of a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night - thoroughly enjoyable. Particularly the Thursday night - as their supporters are yappy all week at work, then quiet as all buggery on the Friday. :relaxed:

Whilst I don’t really care if the club gets any free to air games or not, what really annoys me is the fact that we still don’t have any Saturday night games at the MCG for the fourth year in a row. The best time to watch games is Saturday night. I hate Sunday games.

The worst thing about the Hawthorn fixture is the gap between homes games. Always go 8-9 weeks between home games. It’s no wonder why club members get turned off from going to home games.

Whilst I don’t really care if the club gets any free to air games or not, what really annoys me is the fact that we still don’t have any Saturday night games at the MCG for the fourth year in a row. The best time to watch games is Saturday night. I hate Sunday games.

The worst thing about the Hawthorn fixture is the gap between homes games. Always go 8-9 weeks between home games. It’s no wonder why club members get turned off from going to home games.
yeah that's my major bugbear. yup, we play 4 in Tassie, but we get 6 home games at the G so surely they can be spaced out so we aren't seemingly going 1/3-1/2 a season without one each and every year? Usually it's the backhalf of the season where we've got that long-ass gap, but next year it's the start.

Haven’t been to a game since COVID outbreak, still pay my membership as a loyal Hawks supporter, game has become crapola, holding the ball has become a myth, players let the ball go or throw it and it’s play on, because the AFL like continuous play, where are the days of Full Forwards kicking 100 goals in a season
Only watch Hawthorn games these days on TV, even that hard to sit through with the umpiring

Living up to your username.

Ffs, get over it the lot of you whinging sooks.
Turn up. Support the club

I do turn up. But not having my reserved seat for 2 months between round 1 and 9 is pathetic and I’ll whinge if I bloody well like.

Is it time we cut the Tassie deal and bring back 11 designated home games for our Melbourne members?

I’m sure we’ll find a new sponsor to cover the cost of the Tasmanian sponsorship.

The real question is out of the near 10,000 Tassie members, how many will continue to be a member?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it time we cut the Tassie deal and bring back 11 designated home games for our Melbourne members?

I’m sure we’ll find a new sponsor to cover the cost of the Tasmanian sponsorship.

The real question is out of the near 10,000 Tassie members, how many will continue to be a member?

Yes.

Paying $500 for a Gold Membership to 6 home games at the G is not great value considering there’s only 1 home game in the opening 9 at the G we can attend.

This fixture has shafted us no matter how much Ashley Klein can sugarcoat this on the clubs website.
Do you think we'd get more home games at the g?
The afl would give us a 6/5 split with marvel

Should atleast look at reducing it… especially considering it won’t be long until Tassie have a team

Do you think we'd get more home games at the g?
The afl would give us a 6/5 split with marvel
Farkk. No. to that.

We surely go back to the 10/1 deal we had pre Tassie and hopefully the new President makes this super high on the agenda. We were never a Marvel club and won’t be in future.

You’d assume it would be 8/3 most likely… hopefully then they could get games against non marvel tenants in the middle of winter surely..
Would also mean they can give Carlton and Essendon and extra MCG home game if they want it

Agree how we are not playing the scum twice a year every year is just dumbfounding, but we play our great rival the saints twice 🤷
We've beaten them in a Grand Final. As we have North Melbourne. And the Dogs. And Fremantle.

When do they stop being our rivals?

Don’t care for night games. Don’t care if late afternoon Sunday games. Do care that there is three MCG home games up until the bye in week 14. It has to be noted there’s essentially TWO MONTHS gap between the first and second home game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back