Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Young KPD with half a game of AFL under his belt makes a few mistakes.......it happens. It's why we have praccy matches.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I'd be more worried about sh...t effort of a couple of the senior players than a 1 game rookie with little or no experience around him on field to get him through for a couple of weeks. Geez guys look at what went on out there as a team effort.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unbelievable. 1 quarter of senior football and the pitchforks are out. He wasn't even that bad in the last JLT....Probably the same posters that were howling about him not being played last year. He isn't being played sky is falling. He is playing but has one bad JLT game. Sky is falling. I pray he doesn't read this thread.
Well said mate.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just needs more time to gel with the team. Looks a bit lost but so did everyone. Missing Daw, Thommo (first game), Taz and even jmac and Marley (during the game) would unsettle the best of them

Has the ability to be a great defender

I thought his last half and in particular he’s last Q he fought back well and played much better. Not worried at all.
At one stage in the second quarter, Ben had made a total hash of two short kicks out of defence in quick succession. The next time he got the ball, the commentary team were shouting at him not to make another short kick. However, he persisted and was successful. That takes "cojones".

Does anyone remember when Robbie went back for the first time? Every time he got the ball within 10 metres of the goal, he was like a deer in the headlights. He sorted that out after a few games. He, also, had the advantage of having played up forward for a fair bit of time before he went back. Composure takes time. Some players never achieve it and they get found out and don't make it. We get a chance to see what Ben is made of now.

If Wood cant perform as a forward early in the season and McKay is not able to hold down a backline spot l wouldn't mind doing a swap and have McKay as a forward like his brother and Wood on the backline.

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Wood cant perform as a forward early in the season and McKay is not able to hold down a backline spot l wouldn't mind doing a swap and have McKay as a forward like his brother and Wood on the backline.
I think Woody should play down back wk 1 until Thommo and Taz return....then let Mckay play his role with their support it would be way easier for the lad. As it was for Majak last year.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He won't need 30 games mate. All he needs is 5 games with Tarrant & Thompson beside him.

I feel I could speak for all North fans spread throughout the lands, we really hope you're right. The only issue as I see it is, he won't get much of a go when Robbie is back.

The beauty of it all is we'll know how brave a call you made by no later than mid year. Good on ya for backing Benny in.

Happy Hour

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ben is going to be fine. Just needs Tarrant back to take the best defender and direct him where to be, what to do etc. Should they have played together earlier? Probably yes. Too late now. Just add Robbie's shoulder to your nightly prayers and everything will be just fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I feel I could speak for all North fans spread throughout the lands, we really hope you're right. The only issue as I see it is, he won't get much of a go when Robbie is back.

The beauty of it all is we'll know how brave a call you made by no later than mid year. Good on ya for backing Benny in.

Has the Big Benny McKay freight train derailed?

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Another weak prick with an alt account. Farewell.

Ha you're such a contradictory dickhead, if you like a dictoryhead- how's an alt account "weak" ? Is it weaker than impacting innocent lives?

The weak are those that lick your pathetic arse- I'd ban you for good if I had my way, the board has lost soul since your unfortunate release.

I think to gain confidence that he belongs at the level, Ben just needs to focus on the ball, rather than worry too much about the man. Take a few intercept marks, which he was good at in VFL last year, and confidence will come.

This will also be easier to do once Taz and Thompson are taking the two best forwards, but the fact is, against Freo he needs to be told to just try and focus on the ball.

Yep, Taz and Thommo returning will make a massive difference to BMac. Not concerned in the slightest. If anything it’s helping fast track his development with Taz absent.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unless you're blind Micky, Benny as he's shown isn't near ready for a KP role in our side. Is only getting a go through injury. What isn't lost on me is the bags young Larkey was kicking on McKay during the pre-season.
I don’t think that’s a slight on Mckay, more an endorsement of Larkey.
Nick might be ready to take the next step up to AFL. Which is fantastic as there certainly is a spot for him post Waite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back