Opinion Time for a new Captain?

Should Hamish Brayshaw be our new captain?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Premiership Player Chris Masten

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Our next captain will probs be Yeo. Think we'll have a new skipper within the next two years and by that time Boots will be over 30.

Duggan would probably need to take his game to another level this year and maintain it if he wants the captaincy.

Was't Sheeds leadership highley rated in his draft year?

Our next captain will probs be Yeo. Think we'll have a new skipper within the next two years and by that time Boots will be over 30.

Duggan would probably need to take his game to another level this year and maintain it if he wants the captaincy.

Yeah Sheed was the WA under 18 captain but I can’t see him as an AFL level captain tbh

I think everyone likes taking the piss out of Yeoy a bit much for him to be captain. I'm not sure he would want that type of role either.

If Bunga hands over the reins going into 2020 Darling could be a strong contender IMO. If Bunga holds his spot to retirement it could well go straight to a Duggan at around 25-26 years old.

Hopefully Bunga hangs them up as a three-peat premiership Captain. The would be 33 by then... but who knows how long he can go for if he doesn't get any major injury dramas. Complete bullock of a man who isn't super reliant on athletic prowess.

Shuey did a presser yesterday and was asked about his captaincy aspirations. He said that he is content being VC and Bunga is doing a great job. Cited Ozzie, Brander and Barrass as the new leaders coming through and hoped they'd be ready when Bunga is due to hand it on.

Journo followed up with a statement that there might be a year or two when Bunga is gone that Shuey could sneak it in before retirement and it got a wry smile from Shuey who then played a straight bat saying he may not be around long enough himself.

I'd love to see Shuey take the helm for a couple of years, but we retain captains like coaches. They're well chosen and serve for an extended period of time for continuity. Yeo fits the age bracket and has that win at all costs inspiring mentality. Plus we are overdue for a midfield captain.

Yeo's not even in the leadership group. A good player sure - but by 25 you'd want your next captain to at least be in a leadership position.

Yeo's not even in the leadership group. A good player sure - but by 25 you'd want your next captain to at least be in a leadership position.
he'll be there next year. Gov and Gaff are currently in the leadership group but i can't see those two leading the club.

They could potentially be given a co captaincy role.

Back