Autopsy Round 4, 2019: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *BLUE RIBBON CUP*

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year when the saints used Acres as a part tome ruck many people on here bagged the idea.
what a year a difference mskes.
Problem was our first rucks weren’t any better.. compounded the situation. Likewise Bruce. Now we have the greatest ruck to possibly play the game, our backup ruck is just giving breathe to the King.

Acres played a very casual game, like the bloke was playing auskick.

Was ******* phenomenal though.

When I spoke to him at the b&f a couple years ago I asked him what's he's thinking when he's dodging campaigners left and right and kicking a 45 onto the chest of a leading forward while facing the wrong way and he was like 'yeah not much, just winging it really'.

I hope he continues to wing it.

Screen-Shot-2019-04-14-at-6-52-31-PM.png
Looks like our man is about to get some media attention.

Have no doubt that he was the one that turned the game for us.

Started with that contested grab when we mightn't have taken one all day and then him taking the game on a couple of times weaving through packs soon afterwards just lifted us.

Everything changed for us from that time on.

Back to his clutch self.

I never thought I would say this but I actually think so far this year when the games have been in the balance Lonie has been the barometer...I cannot believe his hardness in the contest.

And who can blame them supporting the side after 3-1.

Im sure every saints fan who criticises the club is more than happy to be proven wrong.

We all love the saints and it’s an emotional game, some people express their passion differently to others and that’s perfectly fine.

Let’s all just agree beating the ******* hawks is fantastic and worry about the rest later

also F**K YEAH what a win! I couldn't make the game and my internet kept dropping out but from what I saw I was very impressed (I luckily missed Hawthorn's run on in the third)..

Lonie was massive
Patton was very solid, deserves more games
The Marshall Acres combo is perfect. I don't get how contesting the ruck at stoppages is an injury risk, IMO it's only a thing after a goal where a big guy will knee a smaller man in the ribs/kidneys
Billings' contested game has seriously gone through the roof. Won so many hard balls, very very impressed.
Contrary to some opinion/s I thought brown and gresh did their bits
ross was fantastic
sinclair ran all day, great game, played to his strengths
Wilkie is bloody incredible. as others have said, the way he forced those stoppages late, very smart player, tough too, great kick. We've snagged one!
I think membrey is adjusting to our new style, but he won some crucial contests (that 2 on 1)
Clark clearly doesn't have the tank yet, but that's ok, I hope we stick with him

and just the fact that we might finally have a flipping ruckman after all this time, crazy.

Love proving all the doubters wrong!

the question is, how does geary get back into such a solid back six? Especially with hind smashing down the door?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our own supporters like to stick the boot into us all the time so I reckon giving some back is nice! Love to prove people wrong!

you do it your self, can we start slapping it back in your face too? it achieves nothing, when everything right now is moving in the right direction!

this is the best win we have had in two seasons and we want to fap about trying to fling shit at each other. what a way to celebrate a win! it's literally the exact same argument you yourself made after the GC win. enjoy the win!

tbh i think this might beat that win against richmond two seasons ago!

Players missing today:
Jack Steven
Dan Hannebry
Jake Carlisle
Dylan Roberton
Paddy McCartin
Billy Longer
And our Captain

Was interesting to hear Nick Riewoldt talk before the game when they were discussing the McEvoy trade, and the trading in by Saints of Hickey & Longer. Rooey stated that Longer has proven he is not up to it. I agree, but Rooey pulling no punches on a former teammate

If someone said you'll lose Carlisle and Robbo then have Geary sit out and that Battle and Wilkie will be fine holding the fort....well you'd have expected big losses. Battle's game underrated too.

5 votes - Marshall, was superb today, battling both McEvoy and Ceglar and still came out on top, our best ruckman since Spida Everitt.

4 votes - Wilkie, I can see why he won a B&F at North Adelaide, saved our arse so many times in defence, he's an old head on young shoulders.

3 votes - Lonie, was a real game changer today, kicked important goals, has added a harder edge to his game and still knows how to milk a free,

2 votes - Ross, stepped up to lead the way as captain today, 39 disposals and a goal, can't ask for much more.

1 vote - Billings, was great across half back, won a lot of important contests and racked up disposals, would like him to go forward and kick goals though.

Negative votes - Bruce and Membrey, did they get on the piss today, both were hopeless, missing marks and fumbling handballs.

Makes our win today even better as they did more to damage us than help us.

Edit - I forgot about Acres, he was great today too, deserved a few votes at least.

you do it your self, can we start slapping it back in your face too? it achieves nothing, when everything right now is moving in the right direction!

this is the best win we have had in two seasons and we want to fap about trying to fling shit at each other. what a way to celebrate a win! it's literally the exact same argument you yourself made after the GC win. enjoy the win!

tbh i think this might beat that win against richmond two seasons ago!
I love you too mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back