FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, every interaction feels quite forced with an abnormal buildup.

How many times this episode did we see a character walk into view of another and they gave each other a few seconds stare before talking?

Arya interacting with The Hound is a prime example of this.

Qyburn walking twenty metres to Cersei with his mouth open waiting to deliver his line, where she was just sitting in silence ominously looking into the distance made me chuckle.

Look at this scene, every pause every look has meaning and builds character and relationships, the setting is so natural. Hasn’t been a scene with such simple brilliance in years and god it was almost GOAT television.

The standard of acting used to be much higher. But everyone bar Sophie Turner (improved greatly) and Liam Cunningham (always class) seem to have diminished in quality of delivery.

Though I think it’s more writing, editing and direction that’s the issue.
I think that's a lot more to do with the writing than the acting. Since they overtook the books the writing has dropped fairly substantially. I think Kit Harringtons acting has improved (it was terrible to begin with), Emilia Clarke's is still terrible (she does do a lot with her eyebrows though) and the rest are fine (acting wise, not necessarily the material they have to work with) .

The episode was okay. Got all the reunions done. Some were great, some not as much. Arya with jon and gendry both great. I thought the Jon finding out who he was scene was a bit underwhelming. Glad they got Theons rescue mission out of the way quick. I don't think the final scene was the big deal others do. Jaime will be very awkward but I doubt Bran will care in the slightest. He is "not quite" a man any more and will not give a s**t about what Jaime did to him. Would have preferred the Umber to close the episode.

They seem to be pushing to make Dany unlikable. I know shes always been the entitled queen, bow before me, burn before me, kneel before me, bla, bla, bla. She seemed to be doing it even more than normal this episode. Did she have any lines that weren't about her being someones queen? Cant even * without foreplaying a little keep your queen warm.

Nope, since jorah and greyworm are at winterfell during the trailers.
Because Jorah and a company of unsullied stay as a rearguard.

She definitely leaves. No Lanister army, it's too dangerous to stay, especially if there are complications. No shots of Dragons in the sky at night. The remnants hiding in the crypts. What looks like a goodbye between her and Jon.

Anyone else feel like when Bran casually dropped that Viserion is under the control of the Night King it should've warranted a bit more of a reaction?

nah she'll be right mate!! :D

Thought Theon rescuing Yara was way too easy.

And am I too old haha or was the episode very dark? I know it’s Winter but several scenes I found hard to follow.

Me and my partner said the same thing. I thought there was a problem with the lighting/brightness on my tv.

I drew blinds before hand and even then it was soooo dark and gritty.

I have to watch it again but for those that recall, Qyburn goes and gets Bronn from the brothel saying '' The Queen wants to see you '' then proceeds to explain what Cersei wants anyway

Or have I got it wrong?

i think bronn may have asked what for. anyway its clear she wants bronn away to kill jamie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit self-aware. Bit light and comedic. Dragon giving Jon the intimidating dad look belongs in an inferior production. Hope the screaming dead kid means that's over and horror until the final episode.

Boy the acting was awful. Except for Tormund.

Characters who havent seen each other in yonks are like hi. Yeah hi back.

Hound and arya, yara and theon, jon and sam, arya and jon, sansa and the dwarf. Boy they stuffed up those scenes.

Did we really need to waste 3 mins on dragons flying?

Dialogue was boring.

Liked the opening scene with the soldiers and the better design of winterfall which previously looked like a tiny insignificant castle but now looked much more imposing.

Opening credits was nice.

Thought Theon rescuing Yara was way too easy.

And am I too old haha or was the episode very dark? I know it’s Winter but several scenes I found hard to follow.
I kept asking myself is the brightness up on the TV?

Hound and arya, yara and theon, jon and sam. Boy they stuffed up those scenes.
Jesus you’re a negative campaigner about everything

I think that's a lot more to do with the writing than the acting. Since they overtook the books the writing has dropped fairly substantially. I think Kit Harringtons acting has improved (it was terrible to begin with), Emilia Clarke's is still terrible (she does do a lot with her eyebrows though) and the rest are fine (acting wise, not necessarily the material they have to work with) .

The episode was okay. Got all the reunions done. Some were great, some not as much. Arya with jon and gendry both great. I thought the Jon finding out who he was scene was a bit underwhelming. Glad they got Theons rescue mission out of the way quick. I don't think the final scene was the big deal others do. Jaime will be very awkward but I doubt Bran will care in the slightest. He is "not quite" a man any more and will not give a s**t about what Jaime did to him. Would have preferred the Umber to close the episode.

They seem to be pushing to make Dany unlikable. I know shes always been the entitled queen, bow before me, burn before me, kneel before me, bla, bla, bla. She seemed to be doing it even more than normal this episode. Did she have any lines that weren't about her being someones queen? Cant even **** without foreplaying a little keep your queen warm.
Honestly I’m glad she’s being shown as unlikable, she was always unlikable before it’s just every character would go “but really she’s not unlikable she’s really really great I swear”. Now it seems the other characters are catching on atleast I hope.

Hound and arya, yara and theon, jon and sam, arya and jon, sansa and the dwarf. Boy they stuffed up those scenes.

Dialogue was boring.

Liked the opening scene with the soldiers and the better design of winterfall which previously looked like a tiny insignificant castle but now looked much more imposing.

I’m not sure why they didn’t give more time to those scenes, it’s not like the episode was pact with stuff.

I have to watch it again but for those that recall, Qyburn goes and gets Bronn from the brothel saying '' The Queen wants to see you '' then proceeds to explain what Cersei wants anyway

Or have I got it wrong?
You've got it wrong. Qyburn says "Apologies for the interruption but the Queen did urge me to hurry". He never says that Cersei wants to see Bronn

Dialogue was boring.

Welcome back

Its been a long time since this show has had a genuine twist to it.

Setting up conflict betwen dany and jon.

Will have a scene with Bron, Tyrion and Jaime face off. Cant see why Bron would side with Cersei given they have never been in a single scene together in the shows history. Anyone else noticed this?

We arent learning anything about the Night king. Doesnt seem like they are going to make him much of a character. Pretty much now destined to be a generic villian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back