Preview Polecpalooza 2019 (ft. Port Power and The North Melbourne Shinboners)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are Port Power ??????????????????????????????????????????
We are Port Adelaide......

BhSb1plIMAAsirr.jpg

All I want during the week is Marshall in the side and none of Ken’s patented ‘Yeah, North have had some bad luck, but they’re still a tough opponent. We can’t write them off’.

Grow a set and come out and say ‘North hasn’t done well this year, we’ll be disappointed if we don’t put in a strong showing’. You can make it clear we should win strongly without being outright abusive.

You’re monitoring this board Port, so here’s another one that is fingernails down a blackboard to generations of fans raised on self-belief. You won’t win a fight until you believe you can win a fight. Have Ken tell us he believes.

All I want during the week is Marshall in the side and none of Ken’s patented ‘Yeah, North have had some bad luck, but they’re still a tough opponent. We can’t write them off’.

Grow a set and come out and say ‘North hasn’t done well this year, we’ll be disappointed if we don’t put in a strong showing’. You can make it clear we should win strongly without being outright abusive.

You’re monitoring this board Port, so here’s another one that is fingernails down a blackboard to generations of fans raised on self-belief. You won’t win a fight until you believe you can win a fight. Have Ken tell us he believes.
This is the key to self-belief. The bloody minute Primus as coach trundled out the “humble” line, and then Koch put a premium on being everyone’s second favourite team, we lost any chance of feeling or seeming invincible. This is half the battle in sport and many pursuits in life. Speak about excellence, understand what it actually means, demand nothing else.

Roger Federer is hailed for his “humility”. Yet when he actually loses, he is ANYTHING but humble. It’s the greatest misperception that Federer lovers have about him. The man is ruthless and demands excellence of himself. He rarely gives anything other than back-handed compliments when he loses. And to be the best, to dominate over and over again, to be peerless, this is what you must be.

I don’t want to ever hear about how tough the competition is or how we are battling above our weight, from a Port person again.

Strut around like we own and rule the competition and if the likes of Walls, Maher, Wallace, Lyon and others don’t like it - * them.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just waiting for the time when we play a game with the intent, confidence & authority that comes with being a team that should win.

Until then, every game we should win I worry more about than the others that we aren't favoured to win. We jump at shadows the moment any sort of expectation is seen lurking around the upcoming corner.

Should win and win well. What's more likely to happen is the handful of guys that tend to put in good efforts after 3 or 4 weeks of poor efforts will once again think they have done enough for the next bit of time and we'll be in for a hell of a battle.

Have a sinking feeling this is exactly the kind of game we lose, but if we can play like we did against the Eagles we should win and win comfortably.

I want a good performance at home. I don't care if it's classed as "downhill skiing".

I want to enjoy belting a side at Adelaide Oval. Please Ken just give us that.

I want a good performance at home. I don't care if it's classed as "downhill skiing".

I want to enjoy belting a side at Adelaide Oval. Please Ken just give us that.

When was the last time we really belted someone at home? Beat Saints by 6 goals in Round 16 last season, last 50+ win was Bulldogs by 57 in Round 13 and last 80+ win was the last round of 2017 when we beat the Suns by 115.

When was the last time we really belted someone at home? Beat Saints by 6 goals in Round 16 last season, last 50+ win was Bulldogs by 57 in Round 13 and last 80+ win was the last round of 2017 when we beat the Suns by 115.
Was that the game Sammy Gray beat Gold Coast?

Have a sinking feeling this is exactly the kind of game we lose, but if we can play like we did against the Eagles we should win and win comfortably.
That sinking feeling you have is a reality we've experienced time and time again, probably more so than any other club. We produce when our backs are to the wall but what about the sure wins?

I want to see 3 or 4 in a row now. WC, North, Coll and Crow's will do nicely....a good mix of quality and s**t.

In 2007, Geelong had won 2 and lost 3.

R6, 2007 was when Geelong demolished Richmond by 157 points and announced to everyone that they were the team to beat that year.

If we've turned the corner, that's what we do on Friday night. Prime time, the nation watching...it's time to put the fear of god into some teams, specifically Collingwood on Friday night the week after.

Don't * around trying to play cute globetrotters s**t. Just a systematic demolition where we treat North Melbourne with the same respect that we treated West Coast - defend hard, trust the system and play without fear.

When Richmond came over to play us two weeks ago, they saw it as an opportunity, because every team has looked at us as being an opportunity in the past. That if they take us off our game, we will crumble. Even Luke Schoey said it during the game against the Eagles, that if you let Port play their way they will cut you up.

Stop ******* letting other teams dictate how we are going to play by sitting back and allowing them to get in our face like Richmond did.

Start ******* dictating how they are going to play by reciprocating with heat of our own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back