Preview Port Adelaide POWER vs Greater Western Sydney GIANTS, changes and preview. Positive vibes only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis Boak the last Port player to leave the training track today. Did handballing with Ollie Wines then ruck coach Matthew Lobbe after every teammate had finished. Perhaps a case of soaking up the moment ahead of what could be his last game if the Power loses tomorrow night.

Travis Boak the last Port player to leave the training track today. Did handballing with Ollie Wines then ruck coach Matthew Lobbe after every teammate had finished. Perhaps a case of soaking up the moment ahead of what could be his last game if the Power loses tomorrow night.
Or, you know, could be putting in extra training given his lack of match time recently.

Preparing to transition to a 2 year assistant coaching gig under Ken, followed by a seamless handover for another decade.

One things for sure, our kicking for goal won't improve any time soon.

How odd is it to be receiving membership renewals for next season when this season is still technically alive? Just adds to the feeling of going through the motions with this finals campaign.

Don't really appreciate the 7.5% price rise either.

How odd is it to be receiving membership renewals for next season when this season is still technically alive? Just adds to the feeling of going through the motions with this finals campaign.

send it back with SACK HINKLEY scrawled in crayon

Probably been the last off the track most of his career!

I don't see this forum as negative at all.
I think the fans have a legitimate right to say what they want to say.

Lets say you were tortured every weekend for the last 11 years, you have a right to complain and criticise the torturer.

Lol you just said you have a right to be negative. Exactly what I already said, it's fine to say it's justified but don't pretend complaining and criticising "the torturer" isn't negative.

Reading comprehension is a lost skill apparently

Just like Kens contract.

Blatantly trying to get in before the straight sets exit.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

7.5%. ******* hell lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a reminder, had we beat Collingwood we would've won another minor premiership, and played Melbourne in a home QF.

Losing in the QF, isn't the only reason we're a pissed off supporter base.
Or if we'd beaten either one of non-finalists Adelaide or Geelong.

For me it'll be a 100% price decrease.

Got my ticket . A bit apprehensive thinking we might lose but it’s more to do with our spine being banged up than being not good enough , not coached properly or whatever . I’ve watched footy and been a Port fanatic for too long to be drawn into that s*”t . ( as a 10 year old in 1966 started following )
I think Finlayson should be sub as cover for McKenzie, Allir, Dixon, Marshall , Lycett who are probably our most fragile players atm .
If the preppy guys stand up I think we’ll win , I’d like to see Duursma lift , Wines another one , a big game from Boak will help I feel like he’s only really had 1 game this year when he was at his best , I’m hoping it’s not the Cliff he’s falling off but more to do with his disruptive season with injury .
If we lose I’ll be upset , depressed but I’m mature enough to not blame anyone for me feeling down ,

Media still reporting only 35k sold
How good is stability though, wouldn't want to run the risk we could bottom out and lose crowds.

How good would it be if our crowd ends up small enough that the AFL lose money and end up going into crisis talks? Save us from ourselves

They'll likely announce Boak signing another year if Port lose this week. For Port supporters to be happy with losing straight sets.

Port having have been doing the media mind games with supporters for a long time now and our supporters lap it right up.

Just symptomatic of his professionalism.
Pity others didn't share his focus.

Then again, if everyone did this, no player would ever leave the track 🤣😲

How good is stability though, wouldn't want to run the risk we could bottom out and lose crowds.

How good would it be if our crowd ends up small enough that the AFL lose money and end up going into crisis talks? Save us from ourselves
We'd have to be down at GWS, Norf & GC home crowd levels for them to notice, I doubt they care about the disengaged thousands that have dropped off in the Hinkley era that would fill most home games & finals to capacity.. happy for us to fill mediocre returns on every front.

Got my ticket . A bit apprehensive thinking we might lose but it’s more to do with our spine being banged up than being not good enough , not coached properly or whatever . I’ve watched footy and been a Port fanatic for too long to be drawn into that s*”t . ( as a 10 year old in 1966 started following )
I think Finlayson should be sub as cover for McKenzie, Allir, Dixon, Marshall , Lycett who are probably our most fragile players atm .
If the preppy guys stand up I think we’ll win , I’d like to see Duursma lift , Wines another one , a big game from Boak will help I feel like he’s only really had 1 game this year when he was at his best , I’m hoping it’s not the Cliff he’s falling off but more to do with his disruptive season with injury .
If we lose I’ll be upset , depressed but I’m mature enough to not blame anyone for me feeling down ,
66 wasn’t a great time as it was the start of Sturt’s 5 in a row with 3 of those against us.
Strange when you think just how often Port used to play in the GF in the old days. We basically dominated a competition for a lifetime.
This will never happen again for any team to be so dominant over such a long time.
It’s all history now

Or if we'd beaten either one of non-finalists Adelaide or Geelong.
Not true. We would still be behind Collingwood by percentage. Beat Collingwood by 2 points instead of losing by that margin, and we would have finished top.

I feel like I've heard every excuse in the book from the media re the low crowd number bar the elephant in the room Hinkley

"Saving themselves for the prelim" "believe port will lose" "cost of living has stopped people purchasing tickets" "GWS never draw a big crowd"

It could be one or multiple of those things, but it's also definitely the fact that last week was as vintage a Hinkley performance as you'll see and a lot of people are just over it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back