Preview Changes and Preview Brisbane vs Ports @ Gabba, qualifying final thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boak useless as sub. When will we learn.

Spud mcentee should've been the sub while Raz/Evans should've played 2.5 quarters, leaving the runt to come on and be the mythological creature he is to torture tired brizzy legs.

McEntee i
We did but we were still around the same odds as what we are this weekend, roughly $2.75 Mum *er.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Those odds then as they are now are due to a penchant to choke in the finals. Not a good thing then and not now.
Sure as hell not want I would want to hang my hat on as typical port Adelaide.

Not a surprise any more but it still bears repeating, McEntee over Evans or Fantasia is absolutely pissweak gutless selection.

Evans should demand a trade. There are 17 other clubs out there who realise you win games by kicking more goals than the other team.
Except Geelong

Two paths...

Melbourne/Carlton at AO in a pf
Collingwood at MCG in a gf

GWS at AO in a sf
Collingwood at MCG in a pf
Brisbane at MCG in a gf

You’ve
State leaguer all the way, handy depth at best.

I wouldn't be surprised if he never kicks multiple goals in a game ever again. Not worth getting in a fizz over.

In the games where he’s played and kicked goals he’s only ever kicked 1 - once - always multiples, so it would surprise me, I’ll remind you when he does.

Look he’s no A-grader but I can’t wait to see Marshall and Finlayson piss easy set shots away come Saturday night and hope others light it up.

You’ve

In the games where he’s played and kicked goals he’s only ever kicked 1 - once - always multiples, so it would surprise me, I’ll remind you when he does.

Look he’s no A-grader but I can’t wait to see Marshall and Finlayson piss easy set shots away come Saturday night and hope others light it up.
We know they are not dropping McEntee so who is he replacing? talls obviously not so SPP, Rioli, DBJ? Boak in the sub role? you are not picking him in that mix.

Well you’ve got all your wishes there.

McKenzie off injury always solid. Lycett I’m backing in.

I’ll never forget the Bulldogs spread from clearance in that PF. A thing of beauty despite the thumping.

Their forwards can definitely get hold of us.

But I love the belief in our young group. I’m holding firm at this point. What other option is there?

Go Power!
It is a tough first off match in the finals but it is time to win, not time to think otherwise.

Yes, I agree with you, McKenzie has come off well after injury and he is a definite upgrade on Jonas.

Lycett has had problems staying on the ground but it is finals and it is time to put it all on the line which he will do.

Marshall back is a no brainer.

I think Boak as a sub is fine, is good. I think people are overthinking it if they think he is bad for the team.

Get behind the boys. Go Power!!!

I’m the first to knock Orazio but he absolutely should have been the sub for this game

I share your concerns about Orazio but I would probably have picked him in the starting line up ahead of the superspud. One thing Orazio has done is kick goals in a final for us. Then again my thinking is so distorted by anti McEntee sentiments that I would probably pick anyone ahead of the superspud.

I am at the stage where I am seriously wondering what McEntee has to do to get dropped. Is it possible for a player to go out there, not have a single possession, and be in the side the following week? With Ken picking the side I suspect it is.

Obviously, we want to win this game but whether we win or lose, the overall importance of the game will be how our young guns stand up to the fight. If they fight it out, either way, it will bode well moving forward for the rest of the finals and the opening of our new window.

This is a new team from 2021 with a new, young midfield wanting to stake its claim on the AFL. It has a new leadership feel to it. Yes, Jonas and Wines are captain but the on field leadership is Rozee and Butters.

Rozee, Butters, Horne-Francis, Houston - our big guns getting ball and taking names.

If they are firing, the younger brigade will follow. Bergman, Jones, Farrell, Drew, Duursma, Williams, Marshall, Lord.

We have some ultra creative forwards in Rioli, Marshall, Powell-Pepper and Finlayson.

A guy like Wines doesn't have to win the game off his own boot but give good supply to the rest of the midfield and that is his best role.

The rest of the vets know what to do but aren't pushed in their roles.

Jed's in the team so I'm backing him in.

And if we win this game, the rest of the competition will severely glance our way with a bit of fear.

Timmy G read out some things on 5AA that was old school Port Adelaide, that he would tell the players and it was absolute gold and I hope it made its way to Alberton but with that coaching staff they are too arrogant to use it but it was just the best.

Go Power!!!

I look forward to the melting on Saturday night when McEntee spuds it up.

Tonight's game proved that goals are at a premium in finals and we are not going to play Fantasia who apart from Rioli is the only crumber in our team. We can't expect Lord to take marks against Andrews. We need someone to be at the fall of the ball once it hits the ground and who can sneak a few goals with limited opportunities.
R10 Last quarter vs Melbourne in the wet. JHF clean pickup and handball to Rozee who kicked on his left and we won the game.

We have those players.

Obviously, we want to win this game but whether we win or lose, the overall importance of the game will be how our young guns stand up to the fight. If they fight it out, either way, it will bode well moving forward for the rest of the finals and the opening of our new window.

This is a new team from 2021 with a new, young midfield wanting to stake its claim on the AFL. It has a new leadership feel to it. Yes, Jonas and Wines are captain but the on field leadership is Rozee and Butters.

Rozee, Butters, Horne-Francis, Houston - our big guns getting ball and taking names.

If they are firing, the younger brigade will follow. Bergman, Jones, Farrell, Drew, Duursma, Williams, Marshall, Lord.

We have some ultra creative forwards in Rioli, Marshall, Powell-Pepper and Finlayson.

A guy like Wines doesn't have to win the game off his own boot but give good supply to the rest of the midfield and that is his best role.

The rest of the vets know what to do but aren't pushed in their roles.

Jed's in the team so I'm backing him in.

And if we win this game, the rest of the competition will severely glance our way with a bit of fear.

Timmy G read out some things on 5AA that was old school Port Adelaide, that he would tell the players and it was absolute gold and I hope it made its way to Alberton but with that coaching staff they are too arrogant to use it but it was just the best.

Go Power!!!
I caught Timmy on AA this morning and it was brilliant. I hope there is a clip of it online soon.

I also heard him tall about Goodwins pre game talk and he was spot on.

You could tell he was talking to Ken.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the Lions had to play a prelim at the MCG despite winning the right to host it at home, due to MCG contractural agreements.
As I posted previously, there was no mistreatment. They didn't win the right to host a home final under the rules in place at the time. Were those rules unfair on non-Victorian clubs, certainly. Welcome to the expanded VFL.

We win when our mids are firing and kicking goals. When we are firing we haven't had a huge reliance of big games from individuals in the forward line. Our small forwards about locking it in and hopefully our we get a good contest from Lord and Marshall. Finlayson is huge. Allir is huge. JHF is the one who we need to inject some spice. Lloyd is wrong about JHF. He's doesn't NEED to have 20+ possessions, what we need him for is to inject some spice into it when we need it and have impactful possessions.

He spot on tho isn't he.
My big gripe with Ken.
Boo hoo we need to be so good to be able to beat a team as good as ....... Sook sook..... we're definitely the underdogs cry cry.
A dude to that played in and lost 3 GFS and always will be

Apart from leg speed, Evans is superior to McEntee in every other aspect of the game. This is not a criticism of Jed, because he doesn’t select himself, but something is terribly wrong when selectors value ‘pressure acts’ over pure football ability.
This is it though our style is dependant on locking the ball in the forward half, they won't alter it because one spud has slighty more nous around goal than the defensive forward spud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back