Preview Changes and Preview Brisbane vs Ports @ Gabba, qualifying final thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is it though our style is dependant on locking the ball in the forward half, they won't alter it because one spud has slighty more nous around goal than the defensive forward spud.
I have to agree with this,

It's clear to me our back 6 is heavily dependent on this fwd half pressure. Hence when we lose we lose big.

the narrative will be Ken's the man going forward, win lose or draw. This club is a joke.

It was pretty simple but powerful.

Basically just don't make excuses for players and expect to win.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I heard Hinkley stuttering and full of hesitancy when speaking to the media at the airport this morning. He is such a loser and conveys it beautifully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak useless as sub. When will we learn.

Spud mcentee should've been the sub while Raz/Evans should've played 2.5 quarters, leaving the runt to come on and be the mythological creature he is to torture tired brizzy legs.
Boak on 346 games.

Qualifying final
Semi final
Prelim final
Grand final

I'd like to see him get to 350 games this year if Port don't win this week.
Absolutely deserves to bow out with a cup and 350 games for the loyalty he has shown this club.

Apart from leg speed, Evans is superior to McEntee in every other aspect of the game. This is not a criticism of Jed, because he doesn’t select himself, but something is terribly wrong when selectors value ‘pressure acts’ over pure football ability.
its like Jake Neade all over again

its like Jake Neade all over again
If you compare their stats (both offensive and defensive), this is an insult to Jake Neade. Neade was better than McEntee at just about everything. And Neade sucked.

Quite incredible how the media are considering this game a fait accompli despite Brisbane's horrific record in finals under Fagan.

Port are up to their eyeballs in this one. And if Port wins the midfield battle, I'm not sure Brisbane have the cattle to keep up particularly late in the game.

King still banging on about how Port loses defensive one on ones.

Aliir - 4.7 per game (26.9% loss) - loses 1.3/wins 3.4
McKenzie - 2.3 per game (35.9% loss) - loses 0.83/wins 1.47
Burton - 1.5 per game (44.8% loss) - loses 0.67/wins 0.83
Bergman - 1.1 per game (32% loss) - loses 0.35/wins 0.75
Jones - 1.1 per game (21.4% loss) - loses 0.24/wins 0.86
Houston - 0.8 per game (27.8% loss) - loses 0.22/wins 0.58
Williams - 0.8 per game (40% loss) - loses 0.32/wins 0.48

3.93 one v ones lost per game/8.37 one v ones won per game

12.3 one v ones per game

vs

Andrews - 3.5 per game (14.8% loss) - loses 0.52/wins 2.98
Payne - 2.4 per game (21.2% loss) - loses 0.51/wins 1.89
Lester - 1.9 per game (10% loss) - loses 0.19/wins 1.71
Starcevich - 1.5 per game (25.7% loss) - loses 0.39/wins 1.11
Coleman - 0.9 per game (27.8% loss) - loses 0.25/wins 0.65
McKenna - 0.5 per game (25% loss) - loses 0.125/wins 0.375
Wilmot - 0.3 per game - wins 0.3

1.985 one v ones lost per game/9.016 one v ones won per game

11 one v ones per game

So let's get this straight - Brisbane concedes 1.3 less one on ones per game, based on their style of play. So lets subtract that from our losses because we are more aggressive as a forward territory unit than they are. So now you've got 2.63 one on ones lost per game vs 1.95 one on ones lost per game (0.68) and 8.37 one on ones won per game vs 9.016 won per game (0.646).

In other words - if our team played the same way that Brisbane plays, our back six would lose 0.6 more one on ones than Brisbane per game. Hardly the hanging offence that King tries to make it out to be.

But it sure sounds like a big deal, doesn't it?

Just bloody win Port. Don't play afraid, don't let them try and bully us. Nothing stupid like Maynard, but hit the body hard and if the chance is there to add some hurt, do it. Make them earn everything.

I want Ollie Lord to really take it up to flog Harris, don't put up with his bull:poo:

If you compare their stats (both offensive and defensive), this is an insult to Jake Neade. Neade was better than McEntee at just about everything. And Neade sucked.
Neade was a crumber who was stuck doing 'pressure acts' as we usually played 1.5KPF's (1 + Westhoff) and half the time none in the forward 50 with him. IMO, prime Jake Neade in our current team would be a great fit.

Neade was a crumber who was stuck doing 'pressure acts' as we usually played 1.5KPF's (1 + Westhoff) and half the time none in the forward 50 with him. IMO, prime Jake Neade in our current team would be a great fit.

Peak Hinkleyball here. Kick it to Jake Neade alone in the F50 and rely on individual brilliance to kick the goal. You are right, I think Jake Neade would be a great fit for the current team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back