Preview Changes and Preview vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to go into finals in winning form. you only need to look at the prelim final against the Bulldogs to see how a :poo: attitude rips you apart.

The young players especially want to build that ruthless streak. Want to see Rozee, Butters, JHF to get among it, Williams to continue building his resume, Hayes gaining confidence and Lord to have a breakout game.
Correctamundo

This is my take and I could be way off! By re-signing Kenny for another two year term I reckon that this puts us back into the AFL good books and we may benefit from this, eg paying the free kicks that we deserve and this could get us over the line for our next two matches.
Of course I josh!
Over in the west it will be hard but people please realise that 3rd is playing 14th and that is enough reason for us to win comfortably. Our mid field is currently the best in the league and this will propel us forward for a good win.

Last edited:
If Collingwood, Port and Brisbane are the top 3 then theres a good chance 4th or 5th win it for the first time.

It’ll happen in a year like this where there isn’t a standout team. You could make a case for each of the current Top 5 and I wouldn’t be surprised if a Melbourne or Carlton snatch it.

If anything I think we’re the weakest of the 5 right now mainly due to some crucial injuries and the weight of our recent finals failures but as 2004 showed these things can be overcome.

This is my take and I could be way off! By re-signing Kenny for another two year term I reckon that this puts us back into the AFL good books and we may benefit from this, eg paying the free kicks that we deserve and this could get us over the line for our next two matches.
Of course I josh!
Over in the west it will be hard but people please realise that 3rd is playing 14th and that is enough reason for us to win comfortably. Our mid field is currently the best in the league and this will propel us forward for a good win.
Write freo off at your own peril. They ain’t the easy beats in Perth everyone seems to think.

Will be at the game, hopefully I’m the one teal guernsey cheering in a sea of purple.

Defensive pressure, that sounds like something Ken Hinkley would say to justify a selection that has the majority of us shaking our heads. Ken uses terms like 'defensive pressure' but never provides specific examples. When you look at McEntee's stats his tackle count is good but no better than most so it cannot be that he holds the ball in the forward line through exceptional tackling. I must watch a different game because I never see McEntee near the ball in some quarters and he tends to pick up a couple of possessions in quick time then does a disappearing act. It would not be so bad if the few possessions he got were goals or goal assists but they are not. Just 13 goals in 18 games is a poor return for someone who spends as much time in the forward line as McEntee does.

A game plan that is based on holding the ball in the forward line without actually kicking goals sounds like something straight out of the Hinkley play book.
As compared to Evans who, when picked, is nearly always the sub.
Who when finally given a couple of games, kicked four and was then immediately dropped.
Where obviously, breaking tackles, taking marks, and kicking goals is not as important as defensive pressure.

Silly me, I thought it was the job of all forwards to provide defensive pressure

It’ll happen in a year like this where there isn’t a standout team. You could make a case for each of the current Top 5 and I wouldn’t be surprised if a Melbourne or Carlton snatch it.

If anything I think we’re the weakest of the 5 right now mainly due to some crucial injuries and the weight of our recent finals failures but as 2004 showed these things can be overcome.
Flash times at Alberton; it is open wide eyes shut where our chance is as equal to the other contenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back