Prediction Changes vs Bombers ~ Round 6 2019 (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because I’m such a nice guy a fun pop quiz.

• Q: Who kicked 5 goals in the 1990 Grand Final?
  • A: Essendon

Never gets tired :)

Smith unlikely to play forward now? Who are your seven forwards going to be?
Smith will spend time down there but mostly through the middle. Our forward structure will probably start like:

Brown - Walla
Fantasia - Stringer - Baguley
Daniher
(We tend to do the 2-3-1 structure)

With players like McGrath, Smith, Guelfi and Zaharakis to rotate forward. We like the 7 defenders/8 midfielders/1 ruck/6 forward approach.

Yeah, no way it’s a cork. Sorry, that ice on his hammy last week should tell us that.
Defintely a corky. If it was a hammy then why would he do a fitness test as reported? Even for a minor tear Elliot would have gone for scans and then have been advised not to train. Some injury prone players need to be 110% due to the high intensity and running. Too much risk bringing him back underdone with his history. WHE plays Elliot’s role to the tee, so it makes sense if WHE put his hand for selection to bring him back in.

Defintely a corky. If it was a hammy then why would he do a fitness test as reported? Even for a minor tear Elliot would have gone for scans and then have been advised not to train. Some injury prone players need to be 110% due to the high intensity and running. Too much risk bringing him back underdone with his history. WHE plays Elliot’s role to the tee, so it makes sense if WHE put his hand for selection to bring him back in.

They do fitness tests on hammies. But maybe you're right.

Unbelievably risky move playing WHE off no footy whatsoever.

I will back the selection committee in, but wouldn't be shocked to see this blow-up in our face fairly significantly.

When other teams do it people complain that we never do and are always too conservative.

I’ll back the club in although from the outside it does seem a brave decision.

Smith will spend time down there but mostly through the middle. Our forward structure will probably start like:

Brown - Walla
Fantasia - Stringer - Baguley
Daniher
(We tend to do the 2-3-1 structure)

With players like McGrath, Smith, Guelfi and Zaharakis to rotate forward. We like the 7 defenders/8 midfielders/1 ruck/6 forward approach.

If they line up like that I’d love it. Would play Howe on stringer , Moore on brown and roughhead on daniheer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they line up like that I’d love it. Would play Howe on stringer , Moore on brown and roughhead on daniheer
That's how we'd do the first centre bounce. After that Daniher would go up the ground and Stringer tends to be the deepest of the three talls

That's how we'd do the first centre bounce. After that Daniher would go up the ground and Stringer tends to be the deepest of the three talls

If Daniher goes up the ground Moore will go with him. If Stringer is deep forward Howe will be the match up I suspect. I reckon Langdon will get Orazio. Roughead will probably be on Brown. Maynard will get Tipungwuti. Crisp will end up on Baguley, or Baguley defending Crisp depending on how you like to look at it. They're good matchups that will make for an interesting game.

Yeah, no way it’s a cork. Sorry, that ice on his hammy last week should tell us that.
Go back and watch a replay. The ice was on his arse. They have to strap it on the upper leg though, because there’s nowhere else. Jesus Christ this board is paranoid.

I get the feeling WHE is going to look like he's never missed a beat. Love the work ethic of Will. Star!

Go back and watch a replay. The ice was on his arse. They have to strap it on the upper leg though, because there’s nowhere else. Jesus Christ this board is paranoid.
Yep, that's what I noticed last week. The ice was as high up his leg as they could get it, which made me think it wasnt a hammy. I'm glad we are taking a conservative approach with him though.

Greenwood to Merrett is the only chance of a tag I'd think. Varcoe or WHE would then go to defence.

Def: Moore, Roughead, Howe, Langdon, Crisp, Maynard, Varcoe
Mid: Grundy, Pendles, Beams, Treloar, Sidey, Adams, Phillips, Greenwood
Fwd: Cox, Mihocek, WHE, DeGoey, Thomas, Brown, Stephenson.

If Greenwood goes back then Brown, Stephenson, Thomas and DeGoey will share the mid time you'd think.

Def: Moore, Roughead, Howe, Langdon, Crisp, Maynard, Varcoe
Mid: Grundy, Pendles, Beams, Treloar, Sidey, Adams, Phillips, Greenwood
Fwd: Cox, Mihocek, WHE, DeGoey, Thomas, Brown, Stephenson.
I love this structure so much I'm stealing it!

3 lines for the 3 zones going tallest to shortest

The only amendment I'd make is going inside mids to outside after Grundy but that is a stellar structure.

Bravo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back